|Full name||Harry Weetman|
25 October 1920|
|Died||19 July 1972
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||T34: 1960|
|The Open Championship||T5: 1955|
|Achievements and awards|
|Harry Vardon Trophy||1952, 1956|
Weetman won many tournaments on the British PGA circuit in the pre-European Tour era and won the Harry Vardon Trophy for lowest stroke average in 1952 and 1956. He finished in the top-10 at The Open Championship six times.
Weetman played in the Ryder Cup in 1951, 1953, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1961 and 1963 and had a 2-11-2 win-loss-tie record, with both of his wins coming in singles matches. He captained the team in 1965.
- This list may be incomplete
- 1949 PGA Assistants' Championship
- 1950 PGA Assistants' Championship
- 1951 News of the World Match Play
- 1952 British Masters, Spalding Tournament (tie with Antonio Cerdá)
- 1955 West of England Professional Championship
- 1956 Spalding Tournament (tie with Christy O'Connor Snr)
- 1957 Swallow-Penfold Tournament, German Open, West of England Professional Championship
- 1958 News of the World Match Play, Swallow-Penfold Tournament, British Masters, Southern Professional Championship
- 1960 Swallow-Penfold Tournament, Spalding Tournament
- 1961 Northern Open
- 1962 Swallow-Penfold Tournament
- 1968 Hennessy Tournament
Results in major championships
Note: Weetman only played in The Open Championship and the Masters Tournament.
|The Open Championship||CUT||CUT||T6||T15||T14||CUT||T5||T10||T12||T8||T16|
|The Open Championship||T9||CUT||T12||CUT||T6||T29||WD||T31||T45|
DNP = Did not play
CUT = Missed the half-way cut
WD = Withdrew
"T" indicates a tie for a place
Yellow background for top-10
- Ryder Cup (representing Great Britain): 1951, 1953, 1955, 1957 (winners), 1959, 1961, 1963, 1965 (non-playing captain)
- Canada Cup (representing England): 1953, 1954, 1956, 1960
- Joy Cup (representing the British Isles): 1954 (winners), 1955 (winners), 1956 (winners), 1958 (winners)
- Slazenger Trophy (representing Great Britain and Ireland): 1956 (winners)
- Amateurs–Professionals Match (representing the Professionals): 1958, 1959 (winners)
- "Mr Harry Weetman - Ryder Cup golfer" The Times, 20 July 1972; pg. 18; Issue 58535.
- Alliss, Peter (1983). The Who's Who of Golf. Orbis Publishing. p. 222. ISBN 0-85613-520-8.
- "Weetman badly hurt in smash". The Age. 18 July 1972. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "Death of golfer Harry Weetman". Evening Times. 20 July 1972. Retrieved 8 February 2011.