William S. Hart High School (California)
|Hart High School|
|24825 Newhall Ave.
Newhall, Santa Clarita, California
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||"Alive with Pride"|
|School district||William S. Hart Union High School District|
|Number of students||2,650|
|Newspaper||The Smoke Signal|
William S. Hart High School is a public high school in Newhall, Santa Clarita, California. It is the oldest high school in the Santa Clarita Valley in California. The school has been educating students in the 9th through 12th grades since 1945. Hart was named for local cowboy actor William S. Hart and is a part of the William S. Hart Union High School District.
All hail Hart High, all hail to thee. We're loyal and true.
Though we wander far from home we always cherish you.
We bless your name, your praise proclaim, together and apart.
Honestly you'll always be our own sweet Hart.
The Alma Mater was written by Hart teacher, Mr. Sims. Mr. Sims taught at Hart From its opening in 1945.
On to victory Hart High Indians. Let us fight to win this game. We're loyal Hart High Indians and we're proud to bear the name. We will wave our banners proudly as we honor the Red and Black. Doing our best to play fair all the way. Let us fight with all our might. Onward you Hart High Indians. Conquer the Foothill League, You stalwarts on to victory. Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight Lead us to victory. Fight, Fight Go Hart Go! Bring another win back home.
Hart High School was formerly the host of the Hart Invitational Quiz Bowl, a quiz bowl competition for teams from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Lori Huenink coached the quiz bowl team for 21 years from 1974 to 1995.
- Kyle Boller, NFL Quarterback, Baltimore Ravens 2003-2007, St. Louis Rams 2009, Oakland Raiders 2010-2011, signed by the San Diego Chargers in 2012. Retired in 2012. Married to Former Miss California Carrie Prejean
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar, star on Saved by the Bell, played the character of Zack Morris
- Darryl Ingram, NFL Tight End for Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, and Green Bay Packers.
- Joe Kapp, NFL Quarterback and CFL Quarterback, led the Minnesota Vikings to Super Bowl IV
- Kevin Millar, former professional baseball first baseman and current analyst for MLB Network and New England Sports Network
- Matt Moore, NFL Quarterback for the Miami Dolphins .
- Dee Dee Myers, Political Analyst, Press Secretary to President Bill Clinton (January 1993- December 1994), Consultant on "The West Wing"
- Jerry Owens, MLB Outfielder for the Chicago White Sox, Wide Receiver for UCLA.
- Todd Zeile, former professional baseball player for the St. Louis Cardinals and the Los Angeles Dodgers as well as numerous other teams
- James Shields, MLB Starting pitcher for the San Diego Padres formally Kansas City Royals 2013-2014 and
Tampa Bay Rays 2006-2012.
- Anthony Ervin, 2000 Olympic Gold Medalist in the 50m Freestyle, 2012 Olympian
- Gary Lockwood. Played Dr. Frank Poole in 2001: A Space Odyssey, also in the Star Trek series.
- Trevor Bauer, MLB Pitcher Arizona Diamondbacks 2012 Cleveland Indians 2013 - present
- Chris Valaika, MLB Infielder Cincinnati Reds 2010-2012 Miami Marlins 2013 Chicago Cubs 2014 - present
- Delano Howell, NFL Strong Safety, Buffalo Bills 2012, Indianapolis Colts 2013-Present
- Kyle Reynish, professional soccer player for the Chicago Fire
- Bob Walk, former MLB pitcher, Nickname "The Whirl Bird", Philadelphia Phillies 1980, Atlanta Braves 1981–1983, and Pittsburgh Pirates 1984–1993
- "FOND FAREWELLS FOR RETIRING TEACHER HART INSTRUCTOR LEAVES LEGACY OF SUCCESS". Los Angeles Daily News. June 7, 1995.
- "Paul Hertzog". Hart High School.
- "Kevin Millar". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved November 23, 2012.
- "Matt Moore". Miami Dolphins.
- "Todd Zeile Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to William S. Hart High School (California).|