|Owner||Connecticut Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||18 ft / 5 m|
Hartford–Brainard Airport (IATA: HFD, ICAO: KHFD, FAA LID: HFD) is a towered public airport three miles (5 km) southeast of downtown Hartford, in Hartford County, Connecticut. It is owned by the Connecticut Airport Authority. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021 categorized it as a regional reliever airport facility.
- 2/20: 4,417 x 150 ft (1,346 x 46 m) Asphalt
- 11/29: 2,314 x 71 ft (705 x 22 m) Asphalt
- NE/SW: 2,309 x 150 ft (704 x 46 m) Turf (closed during winter months from November 2 to April 30 except for ski-equipped aircraft or helicopter training)
- Helipad H1: 70 x 77 ft (21 x 23 m) Asphalt
In the year ending June 12, 2001 the airport had 120,217 aircraft operations, average 329 per day: 99% general aviation, 1% air taxi and <1% military. 144 aircraft are based at this airport: 87% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 1% jet aircraft, 1% helicopters and 1% gliders.
- Brainard Airport
- (PDF), effective June 20, 2019
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HFD, effective June 20, 2019
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Connecticut is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|