Hartford Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Hartford Township, Licking County, Ohio|
Fields south of Hartford
Location in Licking County
|• Total||28.1 sq mi (72.7 km2)|
|• Land||28.1 sq mi (72.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,168 ft (356 m)|
|• Density||45.9/sq mi (17.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086462|
Hartford Township is one of the twenty-five townships of Licking County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,290 people in the township, 878 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Hilliar Township, Knox County - north
- Milford Township, Knox County - northeast corner
- Bennington Township - east
- Liberty Township - southeast corner
- Monroe Township - south
- Harlem Township, Delaware County - southwest corner
- Trenton Township, Delaware County - west
- Porter Township, Delaware County - northwest corner
The village of Hartford is located in the center of the township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Hartford Township is located in Trumbull County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.