Hartland Township, Huron County, Ohio
|Hartland Township, Huron County, Ohio|
Township hall at Hartland Center
Location of Hartland Township in Huron County.
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.6 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||945 ft (288 m)|
|• Density||38.2/sq mi (14.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086348|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Townsend Township - north
- Wakeman Township - northeast corner
- Clarksfield Township - east
- New London Township - southeast corner
- Fitchville Township - south
- Fairfield Township - southwest corner
- Bronson Township - west
- Norwalk Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Hartland Township.
Name and history
Hartland Township was organized in 1826.
It is the only Hartland Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Huron County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Baughman, Abraham J. (1909). History of Huron County, Ohio: Its Progress and Development, with Biographical Sketches of Prominent Citizens of the County, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 232.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.