Hartsgrove Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Hartsgrove Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
People stand around a shed at a Higley Road farm
Location of Hartsgrove Township in Ashtabula County
|• Total||24.9 sq mi (64.5 km2)|
|• Land||24.9 sq mi (64.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,027 ft (313 m)|
|• Density||64/sq mi (24.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085728|
Located on the southwestern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Trumbull Township - north
- Morgan Township - northeast corner
- Rome Township - east
- Orwell Township - southeast corner
- Windsor Township - south
- Huntsburg Township, Geauga County - southwest corner
- Montville Township, Geauga County - west
- Thompson Township, Geauga County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Hartsgrove Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the members of the board are Bruce Gottron, Paul Hall, and Robert Williams.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Hartsgrove township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 236. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 151.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.