|Born||24 March 1989|
Talin, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb; 12 st 2 lb)|
|Style||Kickboxing, Muay Thai|
|Fighting out of||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Professional boxing record|
last updated on: 2 June 2018
Harut Grigorian (Armenian: Հարութ Գրիգորյան; born 24 March 1989) is an Armenian-Belgian kickboxer and current Glory Welterweight Champion. He has also competed in the It's Showtime, K-1 and Shootboxing promotions. As of 1 November 2018, he is ranked the #2 welterweight in the world by Combat Press.
Grigorian rose to prominence as a young fighter with an extensive record in his adopted country of Belgium. In perhaps the most notable bout of his early career, he featured as a reserve fighter at the S-Cup Europe 2008 in Gorinchem, Netherlands on 20 September 2008, where he defeated Abdallah Mabel by decision.
On 21 February 2009, he defeated Pedro Sedarous via decision after five rounds to claim the Benelux Muay Thai -70 kg Championship. He debuted in the It's Showtime organization later that year when he defeated Chris Ngimbi by an extra round decision at It's Showtime 2009 Lommel on September 24. He followed this up with a technical knockout win over Seo Doo Won at It's Showtime 2009 Barneveld on 21 November 2009.
Grigorian competed in the eight-man grand prix at the K-1 World MAX 2010 West Europe Tournament held in Utrecht, Netherlands on 21 March 2010. He defeated Bruno Carvalho and Anthony Kane by decision in the quarter-finals and semi-finals, respectively, before losing via a second-round KO to Mohamed Khamal in the final. Following this, he went 2-0 throughout the rest of the year, with decision wins over Henri van Opstal and Alessandro Campagna.
He began 2011 with a decision win over Henri van Opstal on 12 February 2011. Following a disqualification loss to Gino Bourne on 19 March 2011, he rebounded with a first-round KO of Lahcen Ait Oussakour on 9 April 2011, before being invited to take part in the eight-man grand prix at BFN Group & Music Hall presents: It's Showtime "Fast & Furious 70MAX", which was held in Brussels, Belgium on 24 September 2011. At the quarter-finals stage, he was drawn against veteran Dutch fighter Andy Souwer and was able to take him to an extra round, after which he lost a close split decision.
He was scheduled to face Chahid Oulad El Hadj at It's Showtime 2012 in Leeuwarden on 28 January 2012, but El Hadj pulled out due to an injury and Grigorian was instead set up with a rematch against It's Showtime 70MAX Champion Chris Ngimbi in a non-title fight. He put in a spectacular performance against the Congolese Muay Thai fighter, picking him apart before forcing the referee to stop the fight due to a cut in round two.
On 20 September 2014, Grigorian competed in the eight-man grand prix at the A1 World Combat Cup held in Eindhoven, Netherlands. He defeated Nicky Lopez and Tayfun Ozcan by decision in the quarter-finals and semi-finals, respectively, and defeated Nordin Ben Moh by a first-round knockout in the finals to win the tournament championship.
Grigorian suffered a controversial knockout blow from Murthel Groenhart in their rematch at Glory 42 Paris. He inexplicably turned his head away from Groenhart after getting kneed on the face which seem to have left him a little dazed, confused, and shocked. With his back turned to Groenhart looking to get out of the ring, Groenhart took that opportunity to end the fight by delivering the knockout punch to Grigorian from behind shocking the crowd and drawing anger from three fans who invaded the ring and punched Groenhart, hurting the fighter. There was chaos in the ring until trainers from both sides as well as officials broke up the brawl with Grigorian still lying dazed with a deep cut over his eye. Groenhart and Grigorian later seemingly made up. This led to speculation that a third grudge match between the two rivals is very possible.
At Glory 44: Chicago, Grigorian competed in the Glory Welterweight Contender Tournament, defeating both Karim Benmansour in the semi-finals and Antoine Pinto in the finals, and earned a shot at the welterweight title.
Grigorian faced Murther Groenhart for a third time at Glory 50: Chicago for the Glory Welterweight Championship. In the first round, Harut dropped Groenhart with punches and the referee stopped the fight soon after, making him the Glory Welterweight Champion.
- 2018 Glory Welterweight Champion
- 2017 Glory Welterweight Contender Tournament Winner
- A1 World Combat Cup 2014 Tournament Champion
- Benelux Muay Thai -70 kg Champion
- 2010 K-1 World MAX West Europe Runner up
59 wins (33 KOs), 11 losses
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
1 win (0 KOs), 0 losses, 1 draw
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "Combat Press Kickboxing Rankings: November 2018". combatpress.com.
- "Uitslagen EAST-SIDE 7 ft S-CUP EUROPE (Dutch Language)". Kickbox.nl. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Fotoverslag S-Cup Europe 20-09-2008 (Dutch Language)". Fighttalk.nl. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "S-Cup Europe". Taipoks.ee. Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "It's Showtime Lommel Belgium -results". Fansofk1.com. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "Photo report it's Showtime Lommel Belgium (Dutch Language)". Fighttalk.nl. Archived from the original on 2011-05-07. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- ""Official Result "Ernesto Hoost" Presents It's Showtime"". Fansofk1.com. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Fotoverslag It's Showtime Barneveld (Dutch Language)". Fighttalk.nl. Archived from the original on 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Bad Left Hook, Global Boxing News and Commentary". Bad Left Hook.
- Rian Scalia. "It's Showtime Fast & Furious 70MAX Live Results". Liverkick.com.
- Dave Walsh. "Harut Grigorian PIcks Chris Ngimbi Apart at It's Showtime 55". Liverkick.com.
- Rian Scalia. "Harut Grigorian, Marc de Bonte Fighting Boxing Tomorrow". Liverkick.com.
- Rian Scalia. "Enfusion Live Barcelona Full Fight Card For March 9". Liverkick.com.
- Payne, Marissa (10 June 2017). "'Someone will be charged with assault': A kickboxing match goes horribly wrong". The Washington Post. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- Kontek, Riley (25 August 2017). "GLORY 44 Chicago Results: Groenhart Unseats Doumbé, Grigorian Captures Tournament". Combat Press. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- Symes, Kyle (16 February 2018). "GLORY 50 Results: Grigorian Stuns Groenhart, Sitthichai Cruises, Adegbuyi Claims Tournament". Combat Press. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- Sprague, Ryan (16 February 2018). "GLORY 50 Results – Murthel Groenhart vs Hairut Grigorian from Chicago". My MMA News.com. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "GLORY 50 Chicago Results: Harut Grigorian Stops Murthel Groenhart in First Round to Claim WW Title". Fight Network. 17 February 2018. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- @MaratGrigorian (24 May 2016). "Noo. We are good friends" (Tweet). Retrieved 17 September 2016 – via Twitter.
- "GLORY 54: Teammates Harut and Marat Grigorian want to hold GLORY titles simultaneously". Glory Kickboxing. 24 May 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Displaying items by tag: Harut Grigorian". LiverKick. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- A gala turnhout 12-03-2016 Fight Night promotion
- "Uitslag A-gala te Bree op 22 november 2014" (PDF). Bkbmo.be. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "VICTORY : results and pictures". Muaythaitv. 2013-12-14. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "BKBMO, Belgian Kickboxing, Muaythai & MMA Organisation". Bkbmo.be. 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2016-03-09.