The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 24, 1989 |
Talin, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb; 11 st 0 lb)|
|Style||Kickboxing, Muay Thai|
|Fighting out of||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Professional boxing record|
Harut Grigorian (born March 24, 1989) is an Armenian-Belgian kickboxer who competes in the middleweight division. Having competed in the It's Showtime, K-1 and Shootboxing promotions. As of 1 February 2018, he is the Glory World Champion by CombatPress.com.
Grigorian rose to prominence as a young fighter with an extensive record in his adopted country of Belgium. In perhaps the most notable bout of his early career, he featured as a reserve fighter at the S-Cup Europe 2008 in Gorinchem, Netherlands on September 20, 2008, where he defeated Abdallah Mabel by decision.
On February 21, 2009, he defeated Pedro Sedarous via decision after five rounds to claim the Benelux Muay Thai -70 kg Championship. He debuted in the It's Showtime organization later that year when he defeated Chris Ngimbi by an extra round decision at It's Showtime 2009 Lommel on September 24. He followed this up with a technical knockout win over Seo Doo Won at It's Showtime 2009 Barneveld on November 21, 2009.
Grigorian competed in the eight-man grand prix at the K-1 World MAX 2010 West Europe Tournament held in Utrecht, Netherlands on March 21, 2010. He defeated Bruno Carvalho and Anthony Kane by decision in the quarter-finals and semi-finals, respectively, before losing via a second-round KO to Mohamed Khamal in the final. Following this, he went 2-0 throughout the rest of the year, with decision wins over Henri van Opstal and Alessandro Campagna.
He began 2011 with a decision win over Henri van Opstal on February 12, 2011. Following a disqualification loss to Gino Bourne on March 19, 2011, he rebounded with a first-round KO of Lahcen Ait Oussakour on April 9, 2011, before being invited to take part in the eight-man grand prix at BFN Group & Music Hall presents: It's Showtime "Fast & Furious 70MAX", which was held in Brussels, Belgium on September 24, 2011. At the quarter-finals stage, he was drawn against veteran Dutch fighter Andy Souwer and was able to take him to an extra round, after which he lost a close split decision.
He was scheduled to face Chahid Oulad El Hadj at It's Showtime 2012 in Leeuwarden on January 28, 2012, but El Hadj pulled out due to an injury and Grigorian was instead set up with a rematch against It's Showtime 70MAX Champion Chris Ngimbi in a non-title fight. He put in a spectacular performance against the Congolese Muay Thai fighter, picking him apart before forcing the referee to stop the fight due to a cut in round two.
Next up for Grigorian is a match with Juanma Chacon at Enfusion Live: Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain on March 9, 2012.
Grigorian suffered a controversial knockout blow to Murthel Groenhart in their rematch at Glory 42 Paris. He inexplicably turned his head away from Groenhart after getting kneed on the face which seem to have left him a little dazed, confused, and shocked. With his back turned to Groenhart looking to get out of the ring, Groenhart took that opportunity to end the fight by delivering the knockout punch to Grigorian from behind shocking the crowd and drawing anger from 3 Grigorian fans who invaded the ring and punch Groenhart hurting the fighter. There was chaos in the ring till trainers from both sides as well as officials break up the brawl with Grigorian still lying dazed with a deep cut over his eye. Groenhart later console Grigorian and they seemingly made up with Groenhart planting a kiss on Grigorian face. This led to speculation that a third grudge match between the two rivals is very possible.
Grigorian faced Murther Groenhart for a third time at Glory 50: Chicago for the Glory Welterweight Championship. In the first round, Harut dropped Groenhart with punches and the referee stopped the fight soon after, making him the Glory Welterweight Champion.
- 2017 Glory Welterweight Contender Tournament Winner
- A1 World Combat Cup 2014 Tournament Champion 
- Benelux Muay Thai -70 kg Champion
- 2010 K-1 World MAX West Europe Runner up
55 wins (22 KOs), 10 losses
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
1 win (0 KOs), 0 losses, 1 draw
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "CombatPress Rankings Updated on 2/1/2018". combatpress.com. 1 February 2018.
- "Uitslagen EAST-SIDE 7 ft S-CUP EUROPE (Dutch Language)". Kickbox.nl. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Fotoverslag S-Cup Europe 20-09-2008 (Dutch Language)". Fighttalk.nl. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "S-Cup Europe". Taipoks.ee. Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "It's Showtime Lommel Belgium -results". Fansofk1.com. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "Photo report it's Showtime Lommel Belgium (Dutch Language)". Fighttalk.nl. Archived from the original on 2011-05-07. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- ""Official Result "Ernesto Hoost" Presents It's Showtime"". Fansofk1.com. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Fotoverslag It's Showtime Barneveld (Dutch Language)". Fighttalk.nl. Archived from the original on 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Bad Left Hook, Global Boxing News and Commentary". Bad Left Hook.
- Rian Scalia. "It's Showtime Fast & Furious 70MAX Live Results". Liverkick.com.
- Dave Walsh. "Harut Grigorian PIcks Chris Ngimbi Apart at It's Showtime 55". Liverkick.com.
- Rian Scalia. "Harut Grigorian, Marc de Bonte Fighting Boxing Tomorrow". Liverkick.com.
- Rian Scalia. "Enfusion Live Barcelona Full Fight Card For March 9". Liverkick.com.
- "Displaying items by tag: Harut Grigorian". LiverKick. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- A gala turnhout 12-03-2016 Fight Night promotion
- "Uitslag A-gala te Bree op 22 november 2014" (PDF). Bkbmo.be. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "VICTORY : results and pictures". Muaythaitv. 2013-12-14. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "BKBMO, Belgian Kickboxing, Muaythai & MMA Organisation". Bkbmo.be. 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2016-03-09.