Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Harvard Pilgrim is a not-for-profit health services company based in the New England region of the United States. Harvard Pilgrim’s flagship health plans in New England provide health coverage to 1.3 million members, while another 1.4 million individuals are served through Health Plans, Inc., a subsidiary that provides integrated care management, health coaching and plan administration solutions to self-funded employers nationwide.
Founded in 1969, Harvard Pilgrim has built its reputation on innovation and collaboration with a goal of lowering health care costs, improving care and enhancing the overall member experience. It is known for its clinical programs, customer service, health improvement strategies and innovative tools that offer consumers greater transparency and empower them to make better decisions about their health care.
Harvard Pilgrim is home to the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, a unique collaboration with Harvard Medical School. As Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine, the Institute is the only appointing department of a U.S. medical school housed within a health plan. Funded primarily through external government and private sources, it provides critical information to all levels of our health care system on issues affecting population health and health care delivery.
Harvard Pilgrim is consistently among America’s highest-rated health plans according to an annual ranking of the nation’s best health plans by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is currently rated 5 out of 5 for its private HMO/POS and PPO plans and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England is currently rated 4.5 out of 5 for its private HMO/POS plans in NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015-16.
Awards and recognition
- Boston Business Journal - a Best Place to Work (2003 - 2016)
- Boston Business Journal - a Top Corporate Philanthropist (2007 - 2015)
- The Boston Globe - a Top Place to Work (2009 - 2015)
- Human Rights Campaign - a Best Place to Work (2013 - 2016)
- Charlie Baker, former CEO and governor of Massachusetts
- Eric H. Schultz, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Sherman, MD, MBA, MS, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Rick Weisblatt, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Chief of Innovation and Strategy
- Vincent Capozzi, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Deborah A. Norton, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- Tisa Hughes, JD, Senior Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
- Beth Roberts, Senior Vice President, Regional Markets
- Charley Goheen, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Pranav Mehta, Senior Vice President, Product and Business Planning
- Karen R. Young, Vice President and Chief Inclusion Officer
- Karen Voci, President of the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation
- Cynthia Ring, Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- "Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute Approved for $4.5 Million Study on the Effect of Antibiotics on Weight Gain in Childhood | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings - NCQA". healthinsuranceratings.ncqa.org. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Harvard Pilgrim Among Best Places to Work". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Boston Business Journal names the best places to work in Mass. for 2016". 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Boston Business Journal names region's top corporate philanthropists - Boston Business Journal". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Boston Globe Top Workplaces 2015 - Harvard Pilgrim Health Care". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Campaign, Human Rights. "Best Places to Work 2016 | Human Rights Campaign". Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Warner, Marc (June 27, 2016). "Time, and timing, of City Council service". Daily Hampsire Gazette. Daily Hampsire Gazette. Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- http://www.harvardpilgrim.org – Official site
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|