Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Founded in 1969, Harvard Pilgrim is known for its clinical programs, customer service, health improvement strategies and innovative tools.
Harvard Pilgrim is home to the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, a collaboration with Harvard Medical School. As Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine, the Institute is the only appointing department of a U.S. medical school housed within a health plan. Funded primarily through external government and private sources, it provides information to the health care system on issues affecting population health and health care delivery.
Harvard Pilgrim is among America’s highest-rated health plans according to an annual ranking by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is currently rated 5 out of 5 for its private HMO/POS and PPO plans and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England is currently rated 4.5 out of 5 for its private HMO/POS plans in NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015-16.
Awards and recognition
- Boston Business Journal - a Best Place to Work (2003 - 2016)
- Boston Business Journal - a Top Corporate Philanthropist (2007 - 2015)
- The Boston Globe - a Top Place to Work (2009 - 2015)
- Human Rights Campaign - a Best Place to Work (2013 - 2016)
- "Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute Approved for $4.5 Million Study on the Effect of Antibiotics on Weight Gain in Childhood | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings - NCQA". healthinsuranceratings.ncqa.org. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Harvard Pilgrim Among Best Places to Work". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Boston Business Journal names the best places to work in Mass. for 2016". 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Boston Business Journal names region's top corporate philanthropists - Boston Business Journal". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Boston Globe Top Workplaces 2015 - Harvard Pilgrim Health Care". Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Campaign, Human Rights. "Best Places to Work 2016 | Human Rights Campaign". Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Warner, Marc (June 27, 2016). "Time, and timing, of City Council service". Daily Hampshire Gazette. Daily Hampshire Gazette. Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- http://www.harvardpilgrim.org – Official site