Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative
The Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative's goal is to assist experienced leaders who want to solve important social problems in the next stage of their professional lives. A key part of this assistance is providing an opportunity for the selected participants to spend one year in an intensive structured program at Harvard as Advanced Leadership Fellows. Faculty leadership for this initiative include Harvard Professors Rosabeth Moss Kanter, David Gergen, William George, Charles Ogletree, and Nitin Nohria. The program was founded in January 2009.
Advanced Leadership Fellows
Advanced Leadership Fellows have included:
- J. Veronica Biggins – former Director of Presidential Personnel for President Bill Clinton
- Anna Burger – former Secretary-Treasurer of the Service Employees International Union
- James A. Champy – Chairman Emeritus of Dell Services Consulting
- Arjun Gupta – Founder and Chief Believer, TeleSoft Partners
- Susan Leal – a water utility consultant, and the co-author of the book Running out of Water. Formerly, she was the General Manager of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, a San Francisco Treasurer and a San Francisco Supervisor.
- Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello a former Nigerian Senator, and daughter of former President of Nigeria Olusegun Obasanjo
- Gilberto Dimenstein – Columnist at the Brazilian newspaper Folha de S.Paulo
- Gale Pollock – a retired United States Army major general who served as the Deputy Surgeon General of the United States Army, and also as chief of the Army Nurse Corps.
- Michael Critelli – CEO of Dossia and former Executive Chairman of Pitney Bowes
- Rodney Slater – former U.S. Secretary of Transportation in the Clinton Administration
- Steven Strauss – former Managing Director of the New York City Economic Development Corporation and 2010–2011 member of the Silicon Alley 100
- "Faculty for Advanced Leadership Initiative". Harvard University.
- "Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative". Harvard University.
- "Advanced Leadership Fellows". Harvard University.
- Strauss, Steven. "2011 Advanced Leadership Fellow". Harvard University.
- Strauss, Steven. "Silicon Alley 100 for 2010-2011". Business Insider.
- Are Golden Years a Golden Opportunity to Innovate?, Bloomberg; May 30, 2013
- Rebecca Knight, Interview: Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Financial Times; May 12, 2013
- Unlikely Crusader, Saving One Girl at a Time, Singapore American; March 1, 2013
- Africa Atlantic to set up a pioneering agribusiness knowledge center in Ghana, HARVARD UNIVERSITY; Feb 26, 2013
- Jenna Russell and Jenn Abelson, Putting expired foods to healthy use, The Boston Globe; Feb 26, 2013
- Warren Bennis, Harvard's Advanced Leadership Initiative, Business Week; October 29, 2012
- Glenn Ruffenach, Tools to Help the World, Wall Street Journal; May 30, 2012
- Becoming An Advanced Leader (Audio), The Economist; December 28, 2010