Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative
The Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative's goal is to assist experienced leaders who want to solve important social problems in the next stage of their professional lives. A key part of this assistance is providing an opportunity for the selected participants to spend one year in an intensive structured program at Harvard as Advanced Leadership Fellows. Faculty leadership for this initiative include Harvard Professors Rosabeth Moss Kanter, David Gergen, William George, Charles Ogletree, and Nitin Nohria. The program was founded in January 2009.
Advanced Leadership Fellows
Advanced Leadership Fellows have included:
- J. Veronica Biggins – former Director of Presidential Personnel for President Bill Clinton
- Anna Burger – former Secretary-Treasurer of the Service Employees International Union
- James A. Champy – Chairman Emeritus of Dell Services Consulting
- Michael Critelli – CEO of Dossia and former Executive Chairman of Pitney Bowes
- Gilberto Dimenstein – Columnist at the Brazilian newspaper Folha de S.Paulo
- Arjun Gupta – Founder and Chief Believer, TeleSoft Partners
- Philip I. Kent - American media executive. Former Chief Executive Officer of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
- Susan Leal – a water utility consultant, and the co-author of the book Running out of Water. Formerly, she was the General Manager of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, a San Francisco Treasurer and a San Francisco Supervisor.
- Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello a former Nigerian Senator, and daughter of former President of Nigeria Olusegun Obasanjo
- Gale Pollock – a retired United States Army major general who served as the Deputy Surgeon General of the United States Army, and also as chief of the Army Nurse Corps.
- Rodney Slater – former U.S. Secretary of Transportation in the Clinton Administration
- Jennifer M. Smith - former Premier of Bermuda from 1998 until 2003
- Gillian Sorensen - former Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations and former Senior Advisor and National Advocate at the United Nations Foundation
- Steven Strauss – former Managing Director of the New York City Economic Development Corporation and 2010–2011 member of the Silicon Alley 100
- Jeffrey W. Talley - retired United States Army Lieutenant General. The 32nd Chief of Army Reserve (CAR) and 7th Commanding General, United States Army Reserve Command (USARC).
- Reyes Tamez - a Mexican immunochemist and former president of the Autonomous University of Nuevo León (UANL) and also former Secretary of Education in the cabinet of Vicente Fox (2000–2006).
- "Faculty for Advanced Leadership Initiative". Harvard University.
- "Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative". Harvard University.
- "Advanced Leadership Fellows". Harvard University.
- Strauss, Steven. "2011 Advanced Leadership Fellow". Harvard University.
- Strauss, Steven. "Silicon Alley 100 for 2010-2011". Business Insider.
- Are Golden Years a Golden Opportunity to Innovate?, Bloomberg; May 30, 2013
- Rebecca Knight, Interview: Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Financial Times; May 12, 2013
- Unlikely Crusader, Saving One Girl at a Time, Singapore American; March 1, 2013
- Africa Atlantic to set up a pioneering agribusiness knowledge center in Ghana, HARVARD UNIVERSITY; Feb 26, 2013
- Jenna Russell and Jenn Abelson, Putting expired foods to healthy use, The Boston Globe; Feb 26, 2013
- Warren Bennis, Harvard's Advanced Leadership Initiative, Business Week; October 29, 2012
- Glenn Ruffenach, Tools to Help the World, Wall Street Journal; May 30, 2012
- Becoming An Advanced Leader (Audio), The Economist; December 28, 2010