Harvest: 3,000 Years
|Mirt Sost Shi Amit (Harvest: 3,000 Years)|
|Directed by||Haile Gerima|
|Music by||Tesfaye Lemma|
|Edited by||Phillip Kuretsky|
For the production of Mirt Sost Shi Amit (Harvest: 3,000 Years) Gerima returned to his native Ethiopia to produce the tale of a poor peasant family who eke out an existence within a brutal, exploitative, and feudal system of labor.
Haile Gerima has said
The first film I made in Ethiopia, Harvest: 3000 Years, shows you the actual footprints of my youth, of where I grew up with my father and the rest of my family— John L. Jackson Jr, Decolonizing the Filmic Mind: An Interview with Haile Gerima, CALLALOO: A Journal of African Diaspora Arts and Letters (2010)
- Kasu Asfaw ... Mother
- Gebru Kasa
- Worke Kasa ... Daughter
- Melaku Makonen ... Father
- Adane Melaku ... Son
- Harege-Weyn Tafere ... Grandmother
- Asrat, H., Abesha.com, "H. Asrat’s review of Harvest:3,000 Years on Abesha.Com", March 4, 2009
- "Harvest 3000 Years | Tribeca Film Festival". Tribeca. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- "Decolonizing the Filmic Mind: An Interview with Haile Gerima". repository.upenn.edu. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
|This Ethiopian film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1970s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|