|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy|
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College|
|Known for||Founder of the College Wizard, co-founder of Your Personal Action Plan|
Harvey Manger-Weil is an American businessman and entrepreneur from New York City. He is best known for his SAT tutoring business, The College Wizard, in which his stated goal is to help prospective college students earn better SAT scores. He has appeared in numerous publications, including Entrepreneur magazine and books like Small Business Management and Get Rich Click!
Early life and education
Manger-Weil attended Dartmouth College in the 1970s and graduated with a BA in philosophy in 1980. He began tutoring students for the SATs as an undergraduate at Dartmouth. He later became an alumni interviewer and enrollment director for his alma mater. At one point, Manger-Weil was a street musician in New York City.
The College Wizard
After having worked closely with the SAT format for 30 years, Manger-Weil founded the College Wizard in 2010. He tutors clients one-on-one often through Skype from his home base in New York City. He claims to have a system of "7 cardinal rules" that can ensure a perfect score of 2400 on the SAT. He also guarantees noticeable increases in test scores among his clients. His course can take as little as five hours, but can go on longer, until the client is satisfied with their SAT scores. Manger-Weil charges a flat fee for his services, and also provides advice and marketing for gaining entry into the best colleges.
Other entrepreneurial ventures
Manger-Weil has engaged in several other entrepreneurial ventures and is heavily involved in the "solopreneur" movement. In 2003, he started a consulting firm geared toward helping people start their own businesses. He recently teamed up with fellow solopreneur Bruce Judson in a consulting firm called Your Personal Action Plan, aimed at solo businesspeople on the internet.
- Wei, Jackie (8 November 2011). "Manger-Weil '80 cited for SAT tutoring success". The Dartmouth. Archived from the original on 27 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Daley, Jason (30 March 2012). "A Roadmap to Self-Reliance for Solopreneurs". NBC News. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Daley, Jason (31 May 2012). "Well Enough Alone". Entrepreneur Magazine. Archived from the original on 29 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Longenecker, Justin; J. William Petty; Leslie E. Palich; Frank Hoy (2013). Small Business Management (17 ed.). Cengage Learning. ISBN 978-1133947752.
- Ostrofsky, Marc (2013). Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet. Free Press. ISBN 978-1451668391.
- "NYC Entrepreneur Named Best SAT Tutor in America". Red Orbit. 3 November 2011. Retrieved 21 April 2014.