Harvey Miguel Robinson
|Harvey Miguel Robinson|
|Born||Harvey Miguel Robinson
December 6, 1974
|Criminal status||On Death Row|
Span of killings
|December 6, 1993|
Harvey Miguel Robinson (born December 6, 1974) is an American serial killer who is a prisoner on death row in Pennsylvania. He is one of the youngest serial killers in American history. He was 18 years old when he was apprehended for his crimes. He is also the first serial killer in the history of Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The murdered victims were:
- Joan Burghardt, a 29-year-old nurse's aide (August 1992)
- Charlotte Schmoyer, a 15-year-old newspaper carrier (June 1993)
- Jessica Jean Fortney, a 47-year-old grandmother (July 1993)
Robinson was sentenced to death for his crimes. As of April 2006, his execution had been stayed. He was later resentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of Joan Burghardt because he was 17 when the crime was committed. As of 2010 Robinson was to face another jury to decide the penalty for Charlotte Schmoyer. On December 14, 2012, Robinson agreed to waive his appeal rights in the Schmoyer case in exchange for a life sentence. In December 2013, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court upheld Robinson's death penalty in the Fortney murder.
In the media
Part of the story of Robinson's crime spree had also been told in the Investigation Discovery show Your Worst Nightmare.
He was also depicted on A&E Killer Kids Show.
- Sheehan, Daniel Patrick (15 February 2006). "Victim, kin of dead keep killer in past". The Morning Call(Allentown, Pennsylvania).
- Warner, Frank (6 April 2010). "Convicted killer granted delay in retrial". The Morning Call(Allentown, Pennsylvania).
- Garlicki, Debbie (26 April 2006). "Robinson resentenced for murder". The Morning Call(Allentown, Pennsylvania).
- "Allentown serial killer spared death penalty after waiving appeal rights". 14 December 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Allentown serial killer's death penalty verdict upheld". 31 December 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Internet Movie Database listing for No One Could Protect Her
- Casey, Kathryn, Ladies' Home Journal, "When Children Rape," June 1995
- Ramsland, Katherine. "Harvey Robinson: Adolescent Serial Killer". truTV Crime Library.
- "April 2006 Executions". Pro-Death Penalty.com. Site about the staying of Robinson's death conviction