||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Harvey W. Schiller
|Alma mater||The Citadel Military College
University of Michigan
Northern Michigan University
Harvey Schiller has been a vice president of Turner Sports, chief executive of YankeeNets, vice chair of the America's Cup 2013 Advisory Board and president of the International Baseball Federation. In August 2014 he was appointed to the newly created post of commercial commissioner of the America's Cup.
Schiller is a 1960 graduate of The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina and holds a doctorate in chemistry from the University of Michigan.
He was one of the executives in charge of World Championship Wrestling, while president of Turner Sports. Harvey Schiller is best known as the supervisor of Eric Bischoff, then-president of WCW. He once appeared on the wrestling show WCW Monday Nitro, on a famous occasion when he suspended Bischoff from WCW in March 1997.
In 2007, he was named as the new President of the International Baseball Federation (IBAF), the group that represents all the world's baseball federations. In 2009 he was replaced by Riccardo Fraccari as head of the IBAF.
- David Cushnan (21 August 2013). Tragedy, politics, controversy and farce - now can the America’s Cup get back on course?. SportsPro. Accessed September 2013.
- [AP Worldstream] (28 August 2014). Schiller hired as Cup's commercial commissioner. Associated Press. Accessed October 2014.
- "Eric Bischoff Suspended by Dr. Harvey Schiller". Retrieved April 19, 2014.
- Barry M. Bloom (2 March 2007). Schiller named new IBAF president. MLB.com. Accessed September 2013.
- Honorary Doctorates: Awards of Sport. United States Sports Academy: American Sport Art Museum and Archives. Accessed October 2014.
- [The Citadel] (5 May 2012). Honorary Degrees awarded at Corps of Cadets commencement. The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. Accessed October 2014.
|President of the International Baseball Federation