|2006 Doha||10,000 m|
|2010 Guangzhou||5000 m|
|2010 Guangzhou||10,000 m|
|Military World Games|
|2011 Rio de Janeiro||10,000 m|
|Asian Athletics Championships|
|2009 Guangzhou||10,000 m|
|2011 Kobe||10,000 m|
|2009 Guangzhou||5000 m|
|2007 Amman||10,000 m|
Hasan Mahboob Ali (born Silas Kirui on 31 December 1981 in Kapsabet) is a Kenyan-born Bahraini long-distance runner. He became a naturalized citizen of Bahrain (switching from his birth country Kenya) ahead of the 2006 season. His personal best time for the 10,000 metres is 27:22.40 minutes, achieved in May 2012 in Wageningen.
In his early career he concentrated on road running and he won the Prague Half Marathon in 2005. In his debut race at a running track at the 2006 Asian Games he won the 10,000 metres final. He won the bronze medal at the 2007 Asian Championships. At the end of the year he won the 10,000 m title at the 2007 Pan Arab Games and also took bronze in the 5000 metres. He made his Olympic debut in the longer event at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where he placed 18th in the final.
His major outing of 2009 was the Asian Athletics Championships and he set a championship record of 28:23.70 minutes to win the 10,000 m, but was narrowly beaten, preventing him from winning a distance double, by James Kwalia in the 5000 m. He turned to cross country at the 2010 IAAF World Cross Country Championships and managed to finish in sixth place in the highly competitive men's race. He returned to defend his 10,000 m title at the 2010 Asian Games and although he finished third in that event, he won the 5000 m title.
Mahboob again had a top ten finish at the 2011 IAAF World Cross Country Championships, but his main focus was on the track that year. He claimed his second 10,000 m title at the 2011 Asian Athletics Championships and was runner-up to Josphat Menjo in that event two weeks later at the 2011 Military World Games. He elected to run over the longer distance at the 2011 World Championships in Athletics, but did not manage to finish the race. He ended the year in regional competition, taking the 10,000 m title and 5000 m bronze at the 2011 Pan Arab Games.
- Negash, Elshadai (10 December 2006). "Kirui in new guise of Mahboob springs a surprise in Doha". IAAF.org. Archived from the original on 14 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Jeux Panarabes RESULTATS TECHNIQUES[permanent dead link]. Fédération Algérienne d'Athlétisme. Retrieved on 2010-07-08.
- Hasan Mahboob. Sports Reference. Retrieved on 2012-03-26.
- Another strong day for Japan as Asian championships conclude. IAAF (2009-11-09). Retrieved on 2011-07-09.
- Mahboob Hasan Ali. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-03-26.
- Bahrain takes two distance running golds - Asian Games, Day 6. IAAF (2010-11-27). Retrieved on 2010-11-28.
- AsC Kobe JPN 7 - 10 July 19th Asian Championships. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2011-08-13.
- CISM Río de Janeiro BRA 17 - 23 July. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2011-08-19.
- Georgiotis, Vasileios (2011-12-21). Qatar’s young guns shine in Doha – Arab Games report. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-12-21.
- Krishnan, Ram. Murali (2012-03-25). Bahrain dominates at Asian XC champs. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-03-26.