|Notable works||God in Pink|
Born in Iraq in 1987, Namir moved to Canada with his family at age 11. He is a graduate of Simon Fraser University, and lives in Vancouver, British Columbia. God in Pink, a novel about a gay man living in Baghdad during the Iraq War, was published by Arsenal Pulp Press in 2015.
- "Being gay in a treacherous Iraq". Bay Area Reporter, November 4, 2015.
- "Awards: Three Canadians win Lambda Literary Awards". Quill & Quire, June 7, 2016.
- "Hasan Namir on God In Pink, His Gay Muslim Novel Set In Iraq". Out, December 17, 2015.
- "Hasan Namir". Ryerson University Library and Archives.
- "Review: Under the Udala Trees, God in Pink and Dirty River offer different ways of being queer in the face of a single story". The Globe and Mail, November 20, 2015.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|