- Hasee is also a type of creature in the virtual pet game Neopets.
|Founded||1995 or 2001/2002|
|Headquarters||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
(Chairman and President), Jean Tafazzoli
(CEO for European market)
|Products||Personal computers, cell phones|
Hasee Computer Company, Ltd. (Chinese: 神舟电脑; pinyin: Shénzhōu Diànnǎo) is a Chinese personal computer manufacturer headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. It is the second largest Chinese computer maker.
Hasee claims it was founded in 1995 as a manufacturer of graphics cards, but a 2008 The New York Times article places its beginnings in the early 2000s. In addition to its domestic market, Hasee products are sold worldwide.
Products include no frills systems sold at low prices. In 2003, some of its desktop models were referred to as "among the cheapest on the [Chinese] market," and in 2008 a Hasee laptop could be purchased for little more than US$370. C. 2010, Hasee calls some of its products "competitively priced," and claims it desires to "provide the world with more affordable... computing products..."
Hasee's products include laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets, and panel PCs. In the mid-2000s, Hasee manufactured its own motherboards, and c. 2010 the company states motherboard manufacture continues.
Hasee's subsidiaries include Shenzhen Hasee Computer Co Ltd, Shenzhen Paradise Science and Technology Co Ltd, Shenzhen Hass IC Co Ltd, Shenzhen Creative Science and Technology Co Ltd, Hasee Electronics Fty, and Shenzhen Paradise Advertisement Co Ltd.
Production bases and facilities
- "About Hasee: Company Profile". hasee.com/en. Hasee. c. 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Barboza, David (2008-08-01). "In China, Low-End Industries Give Way to High-Tech". New York Times. p. 2. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
Hasee is already selling 100,000 laptops a month and is the second biggest Chinese computer maker.
- "About Hasee". hasee.com/en. Hasee. c. 2006. Archived from the original on 2 Jan 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "IN BRIEF (Page: 6, Date: 11/19/2003)." China Daily. China Daily. 2003. HighBeam Research. 30 Jul. 2014
- "Operational Objectives". hasee.com/en. Hasee. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "All Products". hasee.com/en. Hasee. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Notebook PCs & accessories: supplier capability in mainland China and Taiwan Global Sources (Firm), Page ４８ - ４９, ISBN 962-7853-62-3, ISBN 978-962-7853-62-6 Google Books Search