The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hashgraph is a distributed ledger technology developed by Leemon Baird, the co-founder and CTO of Swirlds, in 2016. Baird maintains it is less technically constrained than blockchains proper.
Emin Gün Sirer notes that “The correctness of the entire HashGraph protocol seems to hinge on every participant knowing and agreeing upon N, the total number of participants in the system,” which is "a difficult number to determine in an open distributed system.” Baird responded that “All of the nodes at a given time know how many nodes there are.”
Hedera Hashgraph is a cryptocurrency based on the HashGraph algorithm.
- "Can hashgraph succeed blockchain as the technology of choice for cryptocurrencies?", The Hindu, 25 March 2018
- "Hashgraph wants to give you the benefits of blockchain without the limitations", TechCrunch, 14 March 2018
- "Can hashgraph unseat blockchain as the favoured tech for cryptocurrencies?", Live Mint, 20 March 2018
- "Next-Generation Crypto-Ledgers Take the Block Out of Blockchain". Bloomberg. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- "Hedera Hashgraph Thinks It Can One-Up Bitcoin And Ethereum With Faster Transactions", Forbes, 13 March 2018
- "How Hedera Hashgraph is building a fast and secure blockchain alternative", VentureBeat, 4 August 2018
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|