|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Hashoo Group was established as Hassan Ali & Company, a commodities trading company based in Karachi Port, by 1970s it has become one of Pakistan's largest trading companies. However in 1972 Pakistan nationalised cotton and rice exports leading the group to diversify into hospitality. In 1978, the group established Holiday Inn Hotel in Islamabad, and another one in Karachi in 1981.Both of the hotel's where converted into Marriott brand in 1990s. In 1985, the group made a successful bid for the majority shares of Pakistan Services Limited, which then owned four Inter-Continental Hotels across Pakistan, the hotel's where re-branded into Pearl-Continental Hotels.
In 1995, Hashoo Group acquired the US-based corporation Occidental Petroleum's Pakistan operation's (now known as Orient Petroleum Inc.). In 2001, it acquired the Destinations of the World franchise in Pakistan. In 2012, the group launched Hotel One, a mid range hotel chain in Pakistan.
Pakistan Marriott Hotel bombing
On September 20, 2008, a Hashoo Group-owned hotel in Pakistan's capital Islamabad was bombed when a suicide attacker with an explosive-laden truck detonated the explosives, killing at least 53 people and injuring no less than 266, including foreign guests. The explosion, a truck bomb heard 30 km (19 mi) away in Rawalpindi, occurred at 7:40 P.M. PDT, just hours after newly elected President Asif Ali Zardari addressed Parliament, promising to end terrorism in the country. On 23 September, Sadruddin Hashwani promised to reopen the hotel on 31 December 2008, which would be accompanied by a celebration. In line with his promise, the hotel was reopened before the end of 2008.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tours and travels
- Pearl Tours & Travels (Pvt) Limited-rent a car division ()
- Pearl Tours & Travels (Pvt) Limited-Tours & Travel division
- TransAir Travels (Pvt) Limited
- Destinations of the World - Pakistan
- Net-21 (Pvt) Limited
Oil and gas
- Ocean Pakistan Limited.
- Zaaver Petroleum Corporation Limited
- OPI Gas (Pvt) Limited
- Zaver Chemicals (Pvt) Limited
- Zaver Mining Company Limited
- Zaver Oils Limited
- Gelcaps (Pakistan) Ltd.
- Hashwani Sales & Services (Pvt) Limited
- Hashoo Holdings (Pvt) Limited
- Hashoo International (Pvt) Limited
- Hasan Ali & Company (Pvt) Limited
- Genesis Trading (Pvt) Limited
- Muzaffar and Companies
- Hashoo Foundation
- "PROFILE OF CONTESTANTS OF DIRECTORS' ELECTION" (PDF).
- "Timeline". www.hashoogroup.com. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- "Hospitality & tourism: Hashoo Group seeks to expand budget hotel chain - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2012-08-05. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- "BBC NEWS - South Asia - Dozens killed in Pakistan attack".
- "BBC NEWS - South Asia - Terror pledge after Pakistan bomb".
- Hashoo Group - Official site
- Marriott Hotels Pakistan - Official site
- Pearl Continental Hotels Pakistan - Official site
- Sadruddin Hashwani
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|