Hasina: A Daughter's Tale
|Hasina: A Daughter's Tale|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Piplu Khan|
|Written by||Piplu Khan|
|Music by||Debojyoti Mishra|
|Edited by||Navnitaa Sen|
|Language||Bengali, Engllish (Subtitle)|
|Budget||৳1.8 crore (US$210,000)|
|Box office||৳9.23 crore (US$1.1 million) (Running successfully)|
Hasina: A Daughter's Tale is a 2018 Bangladeshi independent historical docudrama directed by Piplu Khan, based on the life of Sheikh Hasina, the tenth Prime Minister of Bangladesh. The film was jointly produced by the Centre for Research and Information and Applebox Films. It stars Sheikh Hasina as herself in the title role, and her younger sister Sheikh Rehana as herself.
The film covers and refers to the assassination of Hasina's father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman along with most of her family in 1975. It was the second-highest-grossing Bangladeshi film in 2018 earning ৳9 crore (US$1.1 million).
The premiere of “Hasina: A Daughter's Tale”, a docudrama on the life of Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, was held at Star Cineplex located at Bashundhara City Shopping Complex in Dhaka on 15 November 2018 and also the film was internationally released at Star Cineplex on November 16, 2018. The trailer of the film was released on all social media platforms on the 71st birthday of Sheikh Hasina on 28 September 2018.
- Showtime Desk (September 28, 2018). "'Hasina: A Daughter's Tale' awaits release". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Elita Karim (September 29, 2018). "'HASINA: A DAUGHTER'S TALE' TO PREMIERE SOON". The Daily Star.
- Mahmood Manzoor (September 29, 2018). "Hasina, a daughter's tale: Not the story of a PM". Bangla Tribune. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Siam Raihan (October 2, 2018). "Debojyoti Mishra sets music score for docudrama 'Hasina: A Daughter's Tale'". Dhaka Tribune.
- Arts & Entertainment Desk (November 16, 2018). "HASINA: A DAUGHTER'S TALE releases at Star Cineplex". The Daily Star (Bangladesh).
- Tribune Desk (November 16, 2018). "'Hasina: A Daughter's Tale' premieres in Dhaka". Dhaka Tribune.