|Directed by||Girish Kasaravalli|
|Written by||Bhanu Mustak|
Hasina is a 2004 Kannada-language film by Girish Kasaravalli.The lead actress, Taara, won the National Film Award for Best Actress for her role as Hasina about the story of a Muslim Indian woman deserted by her husband.
The film, based on the story Kari Nagaragalu by Kannada writer Banu Mushtaq, looks at Hasina (Taara) who marries auto driver Yakub (Chandrahas Ullal) against his mother's wishes. The couple have three daughters the visually impaired Munni, Shubby and Habeeb. Pregnant with their fourth child, the couple break social codes and do a pregnancy scan to ascertain the baby's gender. When Yakub realises it is yet another girl, he becomes at turns abusive and neglectful, eventually leaving Hasina to fend for herself.
- Tara as Hasina
- Chandrahas Ullal as Yakoob
- Chitra Shenoy as Jhuleka Begum
- Purushottam Talavata as Muthuvalli Saab
- Ruthu as Muthuvalli's Wife
- Baby Bodhini as Munni
The film has won the following awards since its release:
- Won – Silver Lotus Award – Best Actress – Thara 
- Won – Silver Lotus Award – Best Costume Design – Ishrath Nissar,M. N. Swamy 
- Won – Silver Lotus Award – Best Film on Family Welfare 
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Social film – Girish Kasaravalli
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor (Female) – Baby Bodhini Bhargavi
Total Kannada Video released movie's DVD in August 2016,after a gap of 12 years of release.
- "Upperstall.com". Girish Kasaravalli's films.
- "imdb.com". Chandrahas Ullal's films.
- "The Hindu". Seeking a voice.
- Awards for Hasina. IMDb.
- Karnataka State Film Awards 2004-05 announced – Monalisa bagged the first best film award
|This article about a Kannada film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|