Hassan Habibi (footballer)
|Full name||Hassan Habibi Nakhmaghlai|
|Date of birth||February 7, 1939|
|Place of birth||Kerman, Iran|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
He immigrated to Tehran as a four-year-old, when his father found a job as Clerk for the Ministry of Health.
He started his football career with Shahin F.C. and was selected to play for the national team in 1958. In 1960, he joined Taj S.C. where he played for a few seasons. In 1964, he joined PAS Tehran and played there until 1971, when he retired.
He was the captain of national team at 1964 Summer Olympic Games as well as the teams, which won the silver medal of the Asian Games in Thailand in 1966 and won the gold medal of the Asian Nations Cup in 1968, when Iran won the final match against Israel 2–1.
He coached PAS Tehran after retirement.In 1979 he successfully coached Iran national football team and qualified for 1980 Summer Olympic Games. However Iran Football Federation boycotted the event due to occupation of Afghanistan by the red army. He then guided the national team to Third Place finish at 1980 Asian Cup. He quit from coaching after the resignation of Nasser Noamooz who was Iranian Football Federation's General Secretary.
Then he coached Ararat and help the club revive in the Tehran Provincial League and promote to Azadegan league. He returned to national team coaching 11 years later, this time managing the Iran national under-23 football team for qualification for 1992 Summer Olympics and 1996 Summer Olympic Games. He introduced many talented players to Iran national teams such as Karim Bagheri, Mehrdad Minavand, Khodadad Azizi, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Yahya Golmohammadi, Reza Shahroudi, Afshin Peyrovani, Nima Nakisa and Javad Manafi.
- Participation in 1964 Summer Olympic Games as a footballer
- Qualification to 1980 Summer Olympic Games as Manager of Iran national football team
- Third Place at 1980 Asian Cup as Manager of Iran national football team
- "FIFA Player Statistics: Hassan HABIBI NAKHMAGHLAI". FIFA.com. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- Benjamin Strack-Zimmermann (1939-02-07). "Hassan Habibi". National Football Teams. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Hassan Habibi". Teammelli.com. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- حسن حبیبی (بازیکن فوتبال) - ویکیپدیا (in Persian). Fa.wikipedia.org. 2013-08-28. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- گفت و گو با حسن حبیبی بازیکن قدیمی و مربی فوتبال. sportworld blogsky (in Persian). Retrieved 18 June 2010.
|Awards and achievements|
|Iran Pro League Winning Manager
|Iran national football team captain
| NAME =Habibi, Hassan | ALTERNATIVE NAMES =حسن حبیبی (Persian) | SHORT DESCRIPTION =Iranian footballer | DATE OF BIRTH =7 February 1939 | PLACE OF BIRTH =Kerman, Iran | DATE OF DEATH = | PLACE OF DEATH = }}