|Born||Hassan Waqas Rana|
Hassan Rana (born Hassan Waqas Rana), also known as Doc, is a Pakistani film director, producer and screenwriter. He is best known for his debut production Waar, for which he won 3 awards at 1st ARY Film Awards. On 7 December 2013 Hassan Waqas Rana signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Salman Iqbal (founder and president ARY), for the production of two action thrillers, Yalghaar & Waar 2 to be produced and released in 2017-19. "Yalghaar was released across Pakistan on the 28th of June 2017, and was well received by the audiences. He has to his credit the production of the highest grossing films in the history of Pakistan by setting the record with "Waar" in 2013, and later breaking his own record with "Yalghaar" in 2017. He is the founder of MindWorks Media.
Breach of Contract
Hassan Waqas Rana was recently booked under an FIR (First Information Report) with the Pakistani police by the director of Waar, Bilal Lashari for keeping Waar's profits for himself. Apparently, he transferred all cinema earnings to his personal account. Hassan Rana was later honorably acquitted of all the allegations leveled against him, both by the Pakistani police as well as the courts of Pakistan, saying that the said allegation was baseless and no evidence to prove the claim of Bilal Lashari was produced at any forum.
|2013||Waar||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Taha Ali, director CTG||debut production|
|2017||Yalghaar||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Maj. Gen Hassan||debut direction|
Awards and nominations
ARY Film Awards
- 2014: Winner, ARY Film Award for Best Film for Waar
- 2014: Winner, ARY Film Award for Best Action for Waar
- 2014: Winner, ARY Film Award for Best Special Effects for Waar
- "What's up Doc?". Taazi. Isbah Khalid. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "'Waar' dominates ARY Film Awards with 13 major wins". Daily Times (Pakistan). Saira Agha. Archived from the original on 26 December 2014. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- ""Waar 2" and "Delta Echo Foxtrot" set to release in joint venture". The Express Tribune. 8 December 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Lashari kept away from Waar's profits". Dawn News. 23 June 2014.
|This article about a Pakistani film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|