S&P 600 Component
|Mike Shor, President & CEO|
|18.4 million pounds (2018)|
|Revenue||$490 million (FY 2019)|
|$9 million (FY 2019)|
|Total assets||$593 million (FY 2019)|
|Total equity||$296 million (FY 2019)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Haynes International, Inc., headquartered in Kokomo, Indiana, is one of the largest producers of corrosion-resistant and high-temperature alloys. In addition to Kokomo, Haynes has manufacturing facilities in Arcadia, Louisiana, and Mountain Home, North Carolina. The Kokomo facility specializes in flat products, the Arcadia facility in tubular products, and the Mountain Home facility in wire products. In fiscal year 2018, the company's revenues were derived from the aerospace (52.1%), chemical processing (18.2%), industrial gas turbine (12.0%) and other (12.3%) industries. The company's alloys are primarily marketed under the Hastelloy and the Haynes brands. They are based on nickel, but also include cobalt, chromium, molybdenum, tungsten, iron, silicon, manganese, carbon, aluminum, and/or titanium.
In 1922, the company invented its first alloy under the Hastelloy brand, derived from the words "Haynes Stellite Alloy".
In 1989, the investment banking firm of Morgan, Lewis, Githens, and Ahn purchased the company.
In 1999, the company opened an office in Singapore, its first sales office in Asia.
The space shuttle program, which ended in 2011, used total of 47 parts made from Haynes 188 alloy and 7 from Haynes' Hastelloy B alloy in its engines. Hastelloy C-22 alloy was used for the fuel line bellows that assisted in achieving takeoff.
- "Haynes International, Inc. 2019 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Haynes International: Alloy Portfolio". Haynes International.
- "Haynes International: Our Milestones". Haynes International.
- "Haynes Announces Acquisition of Branford Wire & Manufacturing" (Press release). Business Wire. November 8, 2004.
- "Haynes prices $136.5 million IPO at $65 a share". Reuters. March 19, 2007.
- Daniel, Robert (March 20, 2007). "Haynes Int'l prices IPO of 2.1 million shares at $65". MarketWatch.
- "Haynes International, Inc. Agrees to Purchase Assets and Operations of Leveltek Processing, LLC in LaPorte, Indiana" (Press release). Globe Newswire. October 21, 2014.
- "Haynes Acquires Leveltek Processing". Manufacturing.net. 2014-10-22. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- "Haynes International, Inc. Announces Expansion of LaPorte, IN Operations" (Press release). Globe Newswire. May 2, 2016.
- Gard, Jon (July 25, 2017). "Haynes expansion manufactures 52 jobs". La Porte Herald-Argus.
- "Haynes International, Inc. Announces Leadership Change" (Press release). Globe Newswire. May 29, 2018.
- "Haynes International, Inc. Announces Appointment of President and Chief Executive Officer" (Press release). Globe Newswire. September 4, 2018.
- Business data for Haynes International: