Hate Story 3
|Hate Story 3|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Vishal Pandya|
|Written by||Vikram Bhatt|
Anupam Saroj (additional dialogues)
|Music by||Sunny and Inder Bawra|
|Edited by||Manish More|
|Distributed by||T-Series Films|
|Box office||₹75 crore|
Hate Story 3 is a 2015 Indian Hindi-language Bollywood erotic thriller film directed by Vishal Pandya. Produced by T-Series, it stars Sharman Joshi, Karan Singh Grover, Zareen Khan and Daisy Shah in lead roles, and Priyanshu Chatterjee in a pivotal role. Written by Vikram Bhatt and Madhuri Banerji, the film is part of the Hate Story film series. The film was released on 4 December 2015. The film was a box office success.
The movie begins with rich businessman Aditya Dewan (Sharman Joshi) and his wife Siya (Zarine Khan) inaugurating a hospital in memory of his brother, Vikram. He shares a touching story of Vikram donating half of his liver to his friend Karan who had a liver issue during childhood.
Out of the blue, a stranger Saurav Singhania (Karan Singh Grover), gifts Aditya an expensive car and invites him and his wife for lunch. At lunch, Saurav makes an absurd deal of having sex with Siya in return for giving Aditya's company a big profit. Aditya angrily rejects the offer. Saurav starts plotting to destroy Aditya's business. He bribes one of Aditya's factory workers to mix pesticides in his cola factory, forcing Aditya to shut down and leading him to put all the blame on his trusted employee Kaya (Daisy Shah).
Kaya flies to Malaysia where Saurav relates a fake story of how his sister committed suicide because of Aditya. Kaya and Saurav have sex and she agrees to help him. Aditya asks Kaya to deliver money to a politician but this is revealed to be a trap and Kaya is accused. To help her Saurav asks her to call Aditya and tell him that she no longer wants to be his pawn. When Kaya is upset at having falsely implicated Aditya, Saurav kills her and puts the blame on Aditya. Seeing all the evidence go against Aditya, Siya decides to have sex with Saurav. It is revealed that Vikram was killed by Aditya so he could become chairman of the company. Siya poisons Saurav and leaves with proof of Aditya's innocence in Kaya's death.
Aditya gets ready to start a new project. Saurav is revealed to be alive. He confronts Aditya and they engage in a physical fight with both of them getting injured. In the end, Saurav kills Siya and Aditya and collapses.
It is revealed that, Vikram survived the plane crash but was handicapped. It is also revealed that Saurav is actually Karan (Vikram's best friend) who had decided to avenge the injustice done to his friend. The movie ends with Saurav recovering and the dialogue "Relationships are made from the heart, not by blood."
- Sharman Joshi as Aditya Diwan
- Karan Singh Grover as Saurav Singhania / Karan Singhania
- Zareen Khan as Siya Diwan
- Daisy Shah as Kaya Sharma
- Prithvi Zutshi as Vaswani
- Priyanshu as Vikram Diwan (Cameo)
- Puja Gupta Special appearance in song "Neendein Khul Jaati Hain"
- Shiny Dixit as Aditya Diwan's secretary
With the success of Hate Story 2, producer Bhushan Kumar signed director Vishal Pandya signed a three-picture deal with T-Series Studios. Early casting included actor Sharman Joshi, but he was replaced by Gurmeet Choudhary for a brief period of time due to conflicts with Joshi's schedule. 26 February 2015, Joshi reported that he was prepared for scenes where he would be nude, and on 1 March, he reported that he was enjoying shooting his explicit scenes. Actress Daisy Shah was brought aboard the project through Salman Khan's insistence that producer Bhushan Kumar speak with her about joining the project. Filming ended on 16 October 2015.
The music for Hate Story 3 is composed by Amaal Mallik, Meet Bros and Baman, while lyrics are written by Kumaar, Manoj Muntashir, Rashmi Virag and Shabbir Ahmed. The music rights for the film have been acquired by T-Series. The first song titled "Tumhe Apna Banane Ka" was released on 21 October 2015, followed by "Tu Isaq Mera" which released on 29 Oct, 2015. The full music album was released on 4 November 2015.
|1.||"Tumhe Apna Banane Ka"||Rashmi Virag||Amaal Mallik||Armaan Malik, Neeti Mohan||05:09|
|2.||"Tu Isaq Mera"||Kumaar||Meet Bros||Meet Bros, Neha Kakkar, Rap by Earl Edgar||04:11|
|3.||"Wajah Tum Ho"||Manoj Muntashir||Baman||Armaan Malik||05:57|
|4.||"Neendein Khul Jaati Hain"||Shabbir Ahmed||Meet Bros||Meet Bros, Mika Singh, Kanika Kapoor||04:40|
|5.||"Love To Hate You"||Shabbir Ahmed||Meet Bros||Shivranjani Singh||04:30|
|6.||"Tu Isaq Mera (Psycho-Love Mix)"||Kumaar||Meet Bros||Meet Bros, Neha Kakkar, Rap by Earl Edgar||03:51|
|7.||"Wajah Tum Ho" (Zeeshan Version)||Manoj Muntashir||Baman||Zeeshan||05:49|
Bollywood hungama gave the film 3.5 stars. Meena Iyer of The Times of India gave the film 3 stars. Rohit Vats of Hindustan Times gave the film 1.5 stars. Shubhra Gupta of Indian Express gave it 1 star. Koimoi gave it 1 star.Subhash K. Jha of SKJ Bollywood News gave the film 2 stars. Saibal Chaterjee of NDTV gave the film 1 star.
According to Daily News and Analysis India, the film collected ₹9.72 crore (US$1.4 million) nett on its opening day. On its second day the film collected ₹10.5 crore (US$1.5 million) nett. Oneindia (Filmi Beat) declared the film a Super Hit after it collected ₹26.82 crore (US$3.7 million) in its opening weekend. According to Oneindia (Filmi Beat) the movie collected ₹31.22 crore (US$4.3 million) in 4 days The film collected ₹3.95 crore (US$550,000) nett on its fifth day to take its total to ₹35.17 crore (US$4.9 million). The film collected ₹2.25 crore (US$310,000) nett on its second Friday. The movie made ₹42.20 crore (US$5.9 million) by the end of week 1 at the Box Office. The film collected ₹7.25 crore (US$1.0 million) nett in its second weekend to take its total to ₹49.45 crore (US$6.9 million) nett after ten days. The film collected ₹51.69 crore (US$7.2 million) in 12 days. The movie finished its run with approx.₹75 crore (US$10 million).
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award Ceremony||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result||Ref.|
|2015||Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Male Vocalist of The Year||Zeeshan - "Wajah Tum Ho"||Nominated|||
- "Box Office – Hate Story 3 And Tamasha – The Final Numbers". Koimoi. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "'Hate Story 3' director Vishal Pandya to stick to erotic thriller genre". Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- staff (6 March 2015). "Vishal Pandya to helm Hate Story 3". Indian Express. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Priyanshu Chatterjee to play a vital role in 'Hate Story 3'". The Indian Express. Indian Express. 2015-11-03. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- Hate Story 3: And Karan Singh Grover-Zarine Khan's mystery unfolds on... : Bollywood, News – India Today. Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved on 18 October 2015.
- staff (25 July 2014). "Director Vishal Pandya signs a three-film deal with T-Series". Indian Express. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Pathak, Ankur (9 May 2015). "Hate Story 3: Sharman Joshi out, Gurmeet Choudhary in". Times of India. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- staff (10 May 2015). "Gurmeet Choudhary replaces Sharman Joshi in Hate Story 3". Indian Express. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Pathak, Ankur (26 February 2015). "Sgharman Ready to go Butt Naked". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Baker, Steven. "Sharman Joshi: I am ready to expose in Hate Story 3" (1 March 2015). Digital Spy. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- staff (10 April 2015). "Salman recommends Daisy for Hate Story 3". Film Fare. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Hate Story 3 | Bollywood Photos | Celebrity Photos | Actor & Actress Photos | Celebrity Photo Shoot. Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved on 18 October 2015.
- Karan Singh Grover, Puja Gupta on sets of 'Hate Story 3' – Entertainment. Mid-day.com (15 October 2015). Retrieved on 18 October 2015.
- 'Hate Story 3' wrapped up with a racy number – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (14 October 2015). Retrieved on 2015-10-18.
- "Tumhe Apna Banane Ka (From "Hate Story 3") - Single by Amaal Mallik, Armaan Malik & Neeti Mohan on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- Tu Isaq Mera Song (VIDEO) - Hate Story 3 - Meet Bros ft. Neha Kakkar — Daisy Shah, Karan Singh. YouTube. 28 October 2015.
- "Hate Story 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - EP by Amaal Mallik, Baman & Meet Bros on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Tumhe Apna Banane Ki: Old vs New! Which one would you pick?". India.com. 21 October 2015.
- "Bollywood songs copied from Pakistan will break your heart". The Times of India. 19 January 2018.
- Bollywood Hungama (4 December 2015). "Hate Story 3".
- "Hate Story 3 Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Hate Story 3 review: They danced, bathed, screamed and bored". Hindustan Times.
- "Hate Story 3 review: Zareen, Daisy, slithering lingerie… still more horror than erotica". The Indian Express. 4 December 2015.
- "Hate Story 3 Movie Review — Sharman Joshi, Zarine Khan, Daisy Shah, Karan Singh Grover". Koimoi.
- "Hate Story 3 review: More Idiotic Than Erotic!". SKJ Bollywood News.
- "Hate Story 3 review: More Idiotic Than Erotic!". SKJ Bollywood News.
- "'Hate Story 3' rakes in Rs 9.72 crore at the box office on first day | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. DNA. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "Hate Story 3 Saturday box office collection: Karan-Sharman's film crosses Rs 17 crore-mark in 2 days". International Business Times, India Edition. 6 December 2015.
- "Hate Story 3: Three Days Box Office Collection — Super Hit!". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Hate Story 3, Four Days (Monday) Box Office Collection: Really Good!". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Hate Story 3 : 1st Tuesday Box Office Collections". Koimoi. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "Box office collection: Tamasha crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide; Hate Story 3 to earn Rs 50 crore". International Business Times, India Edition. 12 December 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "Box office collection: Hate Story 3 records 15th highest first week income; Tamasha completes 2-week". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "Box office collection: Prem Ratan Dhan Payo completes 32 days; Hate Story 3 to cross Rs 50 crore mark today". International Business Times, India Edition. 14 December 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "Hate Story 3 collection: Karan, Zareen, Daisy, Sharman-starrer crosses the Rs 50-crore mark : Bollywood, News — India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "Box Office – Hate Story 3 And Tamasha – The Final Numbers". Koimoi. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hate Story 3.|