Hate That Cat
|Preceded by||Love That Dog|
This is the second book about Jack, the first being Love That Dog. Jack is being terrorized by a black cat and he writes poetry about how much he dislikes the cat. The story follows him through learning to like both cats and poetry.
Reviews of Hate That Cat have been positive including "Teachers will welcome both Jack’s poems and Creech’s embedded writing lessons." and "Her writing style puts a story into poetic form and creates a book that appeals to reluctant readers and to children of all ages."
-  School Library Journal Review
- "Hate That Cat". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. 1 September 2008. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- Dotson, Caroline (4 March 2009). "Caroline Dotson: 'Hate That Cat' a fun tale with real-life issues". Craig Daily Press. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Chatham Middle School Sixth Grade Summer Reading Suggested Books 2014" (PDF). www.chathamcentralschools.com. Chatham Central Schools. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Fifth Grade Novels (subject to change)". www.perryvilleschool.org. Perryville School District. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "2014 Summer Reading for Students Entering Grades 5&6" (PDF). www.attleborolibrary.org. Attleboro Public Schools. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
|This poetry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|