Hate You (2NE1 song)
|Single by 2NE1|
|from the album 2NE1|
|Released||July 21, 2011|
|2NE1 singles chronology|
"Hate You" is a song recorded in two languages (Korean and Japanese) by South Korean girl group 2NE1. The Korean version is the third single from the group's self-titled EP and was released by YG Entertainment on July 21, 2011. The Japanese version is included on the Japanese version of the EP, titled Nolza, released on August 10, 2011. The song was written and produced by YG's in-house producer Teddy Park.
"Hate You" was digitally released worldwide on July 21, 2011 under the group's label, YG Entertainment. In the group's television show, 2NE1 TV, producer Teddy Park revealed that the song was originally called "Fuck You", but was later modified to a "clean" version. He played a snippet of the original track but the word "fuck" was censored. From the same show, CL said that the song was supposed to be included on their debut album To Anyone.
Promotion and reception
The song was promoted through live performances on shows such as Inkigayo and M! Countdown during the month of August 2011. The animated music video for the song, produced and directed by Mari Kim, achieved over twenty million views on YouTube. The single peaked at number three on Gaon Digital Chart upon its initial release, and reached number four on the Billboard Korea K-Pop Hot 100 chart. In South Korea, "Hate You" sold over 2.58 million digital copies.
- "2NE1 2nd Mini Album - EP". Itunes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "NOLZA - EP". Itunes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Hate You - Single". Itunes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "2NE1's "Hate You" Teaser is Out!". Soompi. July 17, 2011. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "인기가요 2NE1 Hate You (110821)". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- Carlson, Julie (November 10, 2014). "Artist Mari Kim: 2NE1 and beyond". The Korea Times. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- 2ne1 - Chart history | Billboard
- "GAON DOWNLOAD CHART - 2011". Gaonchart.co.kr. Archived from the original on October 2, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-17.