Curaçao International Airport
|Hato International Airport
Curaçao International Airport
|Owner||Curaçao Airport Holding|
|Operator||Curaçao Airport Partners|
|Elevation AMSL||29 ft / 9 m|
Hato International Airport or Curaçao International Airport (formerly Dr. Albert Plesman International Airport) (IATA: CUR, ICAO: TNCC) is the airport of Willemstad, Curaçao. It has services to the Caribbean region, South America, North America and Europe. Hato Airport is a fairly large facility, with the third longest commercial runway in the Caribbean region after Rafael Hernández Airport in Puerto Rico and Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport in Guadeloupe. The airport serves as a main base for Insel Air.
World War II
- 59th Bombardment Squadron (VI Bomber Command) 10 March 1942 – 13 July 1943 (A-20 Havoc)
- 32d Fighter Squadron (36th Fighter Group, Antilles Air Command, XXVI Fighter Command) 9 March 1943 – 13 March 1944, (P-40 Warhawk)
- Detachment operated from: Dakota Field, Aruba, 9 March 1943 – 9 March 1944
- Detachment operated from: Losey Army Airfield, Puerto Rico, 9 March-4 June 1944
A new terminal was officially opened in 2006 and it accommodates a maximum of 1.6 million passengers per year.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Berlin||Düsseldorf (ends 25 September 2017)|
|Air Canada Rouge||Toronto–Pearson
|Air Transat||Seasonal: Toronto–Pearson|
|American Airlines||Charlotte, Miami|
|Avior Airlines||Valencia (VE)|
|Copa Airlines||Panama City|
|Fly All Ways||Paramaribo|
|Insel Air||Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Maarten|
|JetBlue Airways||New York–JFK|
|PAWA Dominicana||Santo Domingo–Las Américas1|
|Sunwing Airlines||Seasonal: Toronto–Pearson|
|Surinam Airways||Paramaribo, Port of Spain|
|TUI fly Netherlands||Amsterdam2|
- ^1 PAWA Dominicana's flights operate to and from Aruba. However, the airline does not have cabotage rights to transport passengers solely between Aruba and Curaçao.
- ^2 TUI fly Netherlands's flights operate between Aruba, Bonaire, St. Maarten and Curaçao on selected days. However, the airline does not have cabotage rights to transport passengers solely between Aruba, Bonaire, St. Maarten and Curaçao. However, service to St. Maarten will end on 25 October 2017.
|Ameriflight||Aguadilla, Aruba, Caracas, San Juan|
|Lineas Aereas Suramericanas||Bogota|
Coast Guard Air Station Hato
Located at the west side of Hato Airport there are hangars for the two Bombardier Dash 8 Maritime Patrol Aircraft and two AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters of the Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard. This was until 2007 a naval airbase of the Royal Netherlands Navy who operated the base for 55 years. With a wide variety of aircraft in the past years Fireflies, Avengers, Trackers, Neptunes, Fokker F-27's, P-3C Orions, Fokker F-60's and several helicopters. After the political decision to sell all Orions the airbase wasn't needed anymore.
- Airport information for TNCC at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Curaçao factsheet. Zurich Airport.
- Curaçao International Airport (official website)
- airberlingroup.com - airberlin ends Caribbean flight schedule 11 September 2017
- "Insel Air temporary downsizes operation from March 2017". Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.