The former inmate cemetery of Central Hospital
|Population||2,319 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
The vast country estate owned by the Arkwright family features a shopping village, children's nursery, technology site (Hatton Country World) and a public house, The Hatton Arms. The latter was historically noted for its regular large assemblies of motorcycles. and today is a tourist dining destination due to its proximity to the flight of canal locks.
Hatton Park development
A former psychiatric hospital (Central Hospital, Hatton) that has been turned into a large housing estate while still preserving the original Victorian buildings. Today the site is served by a village community Hall and corner shop.
Other facilities in the local area in The Falcon Inn and Shell Garage, further away from the village centre.
Hatton is close to the M40 motorway and is also served by the small, unmanned Hatton railway station. The station lies on Chiltern Main Line between Birmingham Snow Hill and London Marylebone and a small branch line to Stratford-upon-Avon. Services from this station are run by Chiltern Railways and West Midlands Trains. There are direct services to Stratford-upon-Avon and intermediate stations, Warwick, Leamington Spa and stations to London Marylebone, and stations to Birmingham Snow Hill. The towpath of the Grand Union Canal is a long-distance walk as well as a route for narrowboaters and canoeists.
Additionally Warwick Parkway railway station is the nearest alternative with park and ride facilities on the western outskirts of Warwick. It also serves the village of Budbrooke and the Hatton Park development.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Warwick". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 19 May 2010.
- "Hatton Estate". Hatton Estate. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Land off Birmingham Road, Hatton". taylorwimpey. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- ["Birmingham Snow Hill to London Marylebone". Warwickshire Railways.
- "Hatton to Bearley and Alcester Branch". Warwickshire Railways.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hatton, Warwickshire.|
- Birmingham and Midland Society - contains slightly out-of-date information about the psychiatric hospital