|Directed by||Spencer Gordon Bennet
|Produced by||Ronald Davidson|
|Written by||Royal Cole
Ewart Adamson (novel)
Marshall J. Reed
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
|15 chapters / 243 minutes (serial)|
|Budget||$170,099 (negative cost: $207,856)|
Sea captain Jim Marsden is about to be hanged for a murder he didn't commit, and is rescued from the gallows by two of his crewmen. To clear the captain's name, they head for the island of Pulinan, where they believe the real murderer is hiding. During the search for the killer, one thing leads to another and Jim and the crew soon find that their troubles have just started. Investigating a possible hiding place of the killer, Jim encounters huge sea monsters in Haunted Harbor.
- Kane Richmond as Jim Marsden
- Kay Aldridge as Patricia Harding
- Roy Barcroft as Carter (AKA Kane)
- Clancy Cooper as Yank
- Marshall J. Reed as Tommy
- Oscar O'Shea as John Galbraith
- Forrest Taylor as Dr Oliver Harding
- Hal Taliaferro as Lawson
Haunted Harbor's official release date is 26 August 1944, although this is actually the date the seventh chapter was made available to film exchanges.
The serial was re-released on 26 September 1951, under the new title Pirates' Harbor, between the first runs of Government Agents vs. Phantom Legion and Radar Men from the Moon. It began a pattern of re-releasing an old serial between every new release, which lasted until Republic's last new serial was released in 1955. Three years of purely re-releases then followed.
Cline writes that this "jungle-horror-mystery-sea-story" includes all of the "cliffhanging tricks Republic could muster."
- Wanted for Murder (25min 1s)
- Flight to Danger (15min 33s)
- Ladder of Death (15min 33s)
- The Unknown Assassin (15min 33s)
- Harbor of Horror (15min 33s)
- Return of the Fugitive (15min 32s)
- Journey into Peril (15min 34s)
- Wings of Doom (15min 33s)
- Death's Door (15min 33s)
- Crimson Sacrifice (15min 33s)
- Jungle Jeopardy (15min 33s)
- Fire Trap (15min 34s)
- Monsters of the Deep (15min 34s)
- High Voltage (15min 34s)
- Crucible of Justice (15min 33s)
- Mathis, Jack (1995). Valley of the Cliffhangers Supplement. Jack Mathis Advertising. pp. 3, 10, 78–79. ISBN 0-9632878-1-8.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "2. In Search of Ammunition". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 11. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "3. The Six Faces of Adventure". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 37. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 238. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
The Tiger Woman (1944)
Haunted Harbor (1944)
Zorro's Black Whip (1944)