Haus der Lüge
|Haus der Lüge|
|Studio album by Einstürzende Neubauten|
|Einstürzende Neubauten chronology|
Haus der Lüge is the fifth full length studio release from the German band Einstürzende Neubauten, released in 1989.
- Prolog - 1:50
- Feurio! - 6:02
- Ein Stuhl In Der Hölle (A Chair In Hell) - 2:09
- Haus Der Lüge (House Of Lie) - 4:00
- Epilog - 0:28
- Fiat Lux - 12:24
- a) Fiat Lux
- b) Maifestspiele (May Festivals)
- c) Hirnlego (Brain Lego)
- Schwindel (Deception) - 3:58
- Der Kuss (The Kiss) - 3:37
- Feurio! (remix) - 4:47
- Partymucke (Party Music) - 3:52
- Feurio! (Türen Offen) (Feurio! (Doors Open)) - 4:47
Tracks 9, 10, and 11 taken from the single for Feurio! and are only present on the re-releases of the album in 1995 and 2002. The 2002 re-release was re-mastered by the band. On some releases Epilog is part of track 4.
- Blixa Bargeld - guitar, lead vocals
- Mark Chung - bass, backing vocals
- Alexander Hacke - guitar, backing vocals
- N.U. Unruh - percussion, backing vocals
- F.M. Einheit - percussion, backing vocals
Partymucke was originally written for Peter Zadek's Andi theatre-play in which Neubauten performed live 50 times during 1987.
The Maifestspiele section of Fiat Lux contains field recordings from a demonstration in Kreuzberg, Berlin on May 1, 1987.
Ein Stuhl In Der Hölle and the Hirnlego section of Fiat Lux were later included as part of their Strategies Against Architecture II collection.
The cover art is based on a woodcut by German Renaissance artist Hans Baldung Grien.