|Admin. region||Upper Bavaria|
|• Mayor||Hugo Schreiber (FW)|
|• Total||22.28 km2 (8.60 sq mi)|
|Elevation||765 m (2,510 ft)|
|• Density||370/km2 (960/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Hausham's 13 districts are:
Hausham was created from the town of Agatharied on 27 April 1922. This was due to Hausham's growth through coal mining.
The first brown coal mine was opened in 1860 but couldn't compete with the cheaper fossil oil and mineral coal and closed 106 years later in 1966.
Hausham is located on a direct railway line to Munich and has two stations: (Hausham and Agatharied). The line is operated by the private railway Bayerische Oberlandbahn. In addition to rail links, the Hausham area is served by the RVO local bus service.
Famous people in Hausham
- Benjamin Lauth, footballer for 1860 München
- Marcus H. Rosenmüller, film director
- Josef Stallhofer, artist painter
- Josef Wurmheller, German fighter ace during WW2
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). June 2016.
- official webpage Hausham (German)
|This Miesbach district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|