Location of Haute-Loire in France
|• President of the General Council||Gérard Roche|
|• Total||4,977 km2 (1,922 sq mi)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|^1 French Land Register data, which exclude estuaries, and lakes, ponds, and glaciers larger than 1 km2|
The department covers the upper reaches of the Loire. Parts of the department belong to Parc naturel régional Livradois-Forez.
The inhabitants of the department are called Altiligériens (English : Altiligerians).
The de Polignac family has its historic seat there, and various descendants of the general Lafayette were senators for this region in the nineteenth century.
- Cantons of the Haute-Loire department
- Communes of the Haute-Loire department
- Arrondissements of the Haute-Loire department
- Who Was Who in America, Historical Volume, 1607-1896. Marquis Who's Who. 1967.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haute-Loire.|
- (English) Tourist website
- (English) The Haut-Allier Website concerned with the western half of the Haute Loire which follows the relatively unknown Allier valley and gorges
- (English) (French) Regordane Info Independent portal for the Regordane Way or St Gilles Trail. (The Regordane Way crosses The Haute-Loire, commencing from Le Puy southwards)