Haute Cuisine (film)
|Directed by||Christian Vincent|
|Produced by||Étienne Comar|
|Written by||Christian Vincent|
|Music by||Gabriel Yared|
|Edited by||Monica Coleman|
|Distributed by||Wild Bunch (France)|
|Box office||$11.4 million|
Haute Cuisine is a 2012 French comedy-drama film based on the true story of Danièle Mazet-Delpeuch and how she was appointed as the private chef for François Mitterrand. The original French title is Les Saveurs du Palais.
Hortense Laborie (Catherine Frot), a renowned chef from Périgord, is astonished when the President of the Republic (Jean d'Ormesson) appoints her his personal cook, responsible for creating all his meals at the Élysée Palace. Despite jealous resentment from the other kitchen staff, Hortense quickly establishes herself, thanks to her indomitable spirit. The authenticity of her cooking soon seduces the President, but the corridors of power are littered with traps...
- Catherine Frot as Hortense Laborie
- Arthur Dupont as Nicolas Bauvois
- Jean d'Ormesson as The Président
- Hippolyte Girardot as David Azoulay
- Jean-Marc Roulot as Jean-Marc Luchet
- Brice Fournier as Pascal Le Piq
- Arly Jover as Mary
- Joe Sheridan as John
- Laurent Poitrenaux as Jean-Michel Salomé
- Hervé Pierre as Perrières
- Manuel Le Lièvre as Loïc
- Thomas Chabrol as The prefect of the Chief
The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reports a 68% approval rating with an average rating of 6.1/10 based on 31 reviews. The website's consensus reads, "While it'll certainly be an easier sell for foodie filmgoers, Haute Cuisine's beautifully filmed biopic should satisfy most viewers hungry for a beautifully filmed dramedy." On Metacritic, it has a score of 61 out of 100 based on 14 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "Daniele Mazet-Delpeuch's Life in Haute Cuisine". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Saveurs du palais". unifrance.org. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Haute Cuisine"
- "Haute Cuisine (2013)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Haute Cuisine". Metacritic. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Haute Cuisine on IMDb
- Haute Cuisine at Box Office Mojo
- Haute Cuisine at the TCM Movie Database (en)
- Haute Cuisine at AllMovie
- Haute Cuisine at Rotten Tomatoes
- Haute Cuisine at Metacritic
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|