Havant and South Downs College
|Havant & South Downs College|
|Type||Further Education College|
|Department for Education URN||130695 Tables|
Havant & South Downs College (HSDC) is a Further Education College in Hampshire, United Kingdom. The College was formed on 1 August 2017 following a merger of South Downs College and Havant Sixth Form College.
The College provision includes nearly 40 A Level subjects, Vocational courses including UAL and BTEC qualifications, and Apprenticeships delivered in partnership with leading local and national businesses.
The College has just under 7,500 students, with nearly 4,200 of these being full-time students, and 380 Apprentices. As of 2018 Havant & South Downs College has 1,300 adult learners, and nearly 300 Higher Education students.
Havant & South Downs College has three main campuses both located within Hampshire:
- South Downs Campus, on Portsdown Hill. This site is the former location of South Downs College and is the vocational hub of HSDC.
- Havant Campus (New Road, Havant, Hampshire, England, PO9 1QL; )
- Alton College. Alton merged with HSDC in 2019, although remains more independent from the other two.
In addition to the full-time A Level and Vocational courses taught at Havant & South Downs College there are also a range of part-time and Higher Education courses on offer. A number of the HSDC Higher Education courses are taught in partnership with local universities including the University of Chichester and the University of Portsmouth.
In 2018 the A Level pass rate was 99%.
At the time of the merger in 2016 there were 1,200 students at Havant College and 4,000 at South Downs College.
- Emma Barton, actor.
- Nick Bright, radio and television presenter.
- Matt Edmondson, television and radio presenter.
- Lorraine Stanley, actor.
- Marc Wootton, comedian and actor.
- "Havant & South Downs College". Find and compare schools in England. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "All schools and colleges in Hampshire - GOV.UK - Find and compare schools in England". Find and compare schools in England. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Colleges unveil 2017 merger plan". BBC News. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Newly-established Havant and South Downs College celebrates first step". Portsmouth Evening News. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Morton, Sam (16 August 2018). "A Levels: Havant & South Downs College students celebrate 'high flying' A Level results". Chichester Observer. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "South Downs and Havant College 2017 merger plans revealed". BBC. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "From footballer to Radio 1 DJ – how Nick made it to the top". The News. Portsmouth. 3 February 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- "My mum always said I'd be an entertainer". The News. 4 August 2008.
- "It's wacky, it's funny – and now it's on TV". The News. 11 January 2008.