|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public Limited Company|
|Headquarters||New York City (HQ), 316 Offices worldwide|
|Andrew Benett (Global CEO)|
|Products||Advertising & Marketing|
Number of employees
Havas Worldwide, formerly known as Euro RSCG, is an American advertising agency. It is one of the largest integrated marketing communications agencies in the world, made up of 316 offices located in 75 countries. The firm provides advertising, marketing, and corporate communications services.
In 2010, Advertising Age listed the firm, (then called Euro RSCG), as having more global assignments than any other network for the fifth consecutive year, making the agency the world's largest network by global accounts. Headquartered in New York, Havas Worldwide is the largest unit of Havas (Euronext Paris SA: HAV.PA), the fifth largest communications group in the world, behind Omnicom, WPP, Interpublic, and Publicis.
In 1975 Havas Conseil reconstituted as a Eurocom holding company.
In 1991 Eurocom S.A. acquired RSCG to form Euro RSCG. In 1997 Euro RSCG Worldwide moved its headquarters from Paris to New York; American executive Bob Schmetterer was named Chairman and CEO.
In 2001, the company acquired a minority stake in UK financial public relations firm, The Maitland Consultancy.
Mercedes Erra (Managing Director, Havas) is the executive president of Havas Worldwide, and credited with the company's Evian campaign "Roller Babies," which made headlines and a mention in the Guinness Book of World Records for receiving over 75 million views.
Havas Worldwide works with 78 of the 100 largest global advertisers including Air France, Citigroup, Danone Group, IBM, Lacoste, LVMH, Merck, Mondelēz International, Pernod Ricard, Reckitt Benckiser, Sanofi, The Humane Society of the United States, and Unilever.
The firm consists of five divisions:
- Havas Worldwide (Strategy, Creative, Production Automation & Implementation)
- Havas Worldwide Digital (Digital, Direct, Data & Analytics, CRM, Promotions, Channel Management, Motivation & Education)
- Havas PR (Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Internal Communications, and Corporate Identity)
- Arnold Worldwide, an American advertising agency
- Havas Media, a media agency
- "Havas Doubles Down On, Well, Havas". NYTimes. 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- "Integration on offer as Havas rebrands Euro RSCG Worldwide network to Havas Worldwide". Campaign Brief Asia. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- "Agency Report 2012" Ad Age, 4/30/2012 http://adage.com/article/datacenter-agencies/ad-agency-report-2012-analysis-rankings-contact-info/233874/
- "Havas buys into UK financial PR agency Maitland". campaignlive.co.uk. 2001-01-31. Retrieved 2016-11-17.
- Hall, Emma (1 March 2012). "Havas Drops Euro RSCG Brand Name, Adds Havas Digital". Ad Age.
- Rupal Parekh, “Havas Chief Talks Outsize Game, Takes on Ad Giants” Ad Age, 3/14/2011 http://adage.com/article/agency-news/havas-chief-talks-outsize-game-takes-ad-giants/149378
- "Bill Clinton Stars at One Young World Conference" The Wall Street Journal, 10/19/2012 http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/19/bill-clinton-stars-at-one-young-world-conference
- Lu Stout, Christie (2012-08-23). "The brains behind the most viral ad ever". CNN. cnn.com. Retrieved October 28, 2012.