Have a Nice Life
Have a Nice Life
Have a Nice Life in 2010
|Origin||Middletown, Connecticut, United States|
|Genres||Experimental rock, post-punk|
|Labels||Enemies List Home Recordings, The Flenser|
|Associated acts||Giles Corey, GATE, The Flowers of St. Francis, Black Wing, Nahvalr|
Have a Nice Life is an American experimental rock band founded in Connecticut in 2000 by Dan Barrett and Tim Macuga. They are known for their unique style of post-punk, which includes elements of shoegazing, post-rock, industrial, ambient and drone.
Have a Nice Life was formed in 2000 by Dan Barrett and Tim Macuga of Connecticut.
Their debut album, Deathconsciousness, has received critical acclaim since its release in 2008. It initially did not receive much recognition, but has since been hailed as a modern masterpiece through discussions on online communities and word of mouth.
On November 8, 2019, the band released their third studio album Sea of Worry.
- Voids (2010)
- Voids II (2014)
- Time of Land (2010)
- Live at The Stone NYC (2010)
- Giles Corey (band)
- List of ambient artists
- List of shoegazing musicians
- List of post-punk bands
- List of post-rock bands
- Music of Connecticut
- Hill, John (November 24, 2014). "Have a Nice Life's Deathconsciousness is the Next Greatest Album of All Time". Vice. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Staff (n.d.). "About Time of Land by Have a Nice Life". Enemies List Home Recordings. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "The Unnatural World". Metacritic. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- "Have A Nice Life and Woods of Desolation streaming new LPs". Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Have a Nice Life - Sea of Worry". The Flenser. August 26, 2019. Retrieved November 3, 2019.
- "Have A Nice Life Aren't Joking". Kerrang!. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- "Have A Nice Life". Enemies List Home Recordings. Retrieved February 25, 2013.