Ad Director: Alice Sledge
|Headquarters||355 Kinoole Street,
Hilo, HI 96720
Hawaii Tribune-Herald is a newspaper that is owned and published daily in Hilo, Hawaii.
Hawaii Tribune-Herald resulted from several mergers of Hilo-area newspapers. The first, Hilo Tribune, began publication on November 23, 1895 and changed its name to the Hilo Daily Tribune in 1917. Hawaii Herald (August 13, 1896 – February 22, 1923) was another predecessor paper.
The Hilo Tribune-Herald, formed from a merger of Hilo Daily Tribune, Daily Post-Herald, and Hawaii Herald, began publishing February 19, 1923. It continued under that name until March 1964, when it assumed its present title.
2007 average net circulation was 18,715 (daily), 21,638 (Sunday).
Big Island Weekly published its last issue in July 2014.
- West Hawaii Today, Kailua-Kona, HI (Daily)
- Hawaiʻi Tribune-Herald official web site
- Stephens Media official web site
- Issues of the Hilo Tribune (from January 2, 1902 to June 26, 1906), a predecessor of the Hawaiʻi Tribune-Herald, on Chronicling America
- "Newspaper Holdings, H-K". Hawaii State Library. State of Hawaii web site. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "Newspapers: Big Island Weekly". Stephens Media Interactive web site. Archived from the original on 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
|This article about a Hawaii newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|