|Born||Howard Winchel Koch, Jr.
December 14, 1945
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Molly Jordan Koch|
Howard Winchel Koch, Sr.
After his time in the music business, Hawk Koch turned to filmmaking in Hollywood, working as assistant director for a number of directors and later as a producer. He served as president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences from 2012 to 2013.
Koch is married to Molly Jordan Koch.
As assistant director
- The Way We Were (dir. Sydney Pollack, 1973)
- Chinatown (dir. Roman Polanski, 1974)
- Marathon Man (dir. John Schlesinger, 1976)
- Heaven Can Wait (dir. Warren Beatty and Buck Henry, 1978)
- The Other Side of Midnight (1977)
- Gorky Park (1983)
- A Night in Heaven (1983)
- The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984)
- Wayne's World (1992)
- Wayne's World 2 (1993)
- Losing Isaiah (1995)
- Primal Fear (1996)
- Frequency (2000)
- Collateral Damage (2002)
|Non-profit organization positions|
|President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Cheryl Boone Isaacs
|Co-President of the Producers Guild of America
2010-2014 (co-president with Mark Gordon)
Gary Lucchesi and Lori McCreary