|Hubs||Northwest Regional Airport
Vancouver International Airport
|Focus cities||Prince Rupert|
|Headquarters||Terrace, British Columbia|
Jay Dilley, PresidentRodney Hayward, Founder
Hawkair (Hawkair Aviation Services) is a regional airline based in Terrace, British Columbia, Canada. It operates scheduled and charter regional passenger services in British Columbia and Alberta. Its main base is Northwest Regional Airport with a hub at Vancouver International Airport.
Hawkair Aviation Services was established and started operations in 1994 as an air freight service operating out of Terrace. In 2000 it started air passenger services, initially between Vancouver and Terrace. It quickly expanded to serve most of the airports of northern British Columbia. In October 2005 it was forced to file for protection under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (bankruptcy protection), and reduced the number of aircraft in its fleet from 5 to 3.
In April 2007, Hawkair announced that it would be resuming service to Smithers on May 21, 2007. The service operates daily to/from Vancouver. As of August 1, 2015, service to Smithers was suspended again due to low passenger loads.
- Dawson Creek (Dawson Creek Airport)
- Terrace (Northwest Regional Airport)
- Vancouver (Vancouver International Airport)
In the past the following destinations were also served:
- Bob Quinn Lake (Bob Quinn Lake Airport), BC
- Fort Nelson (Fort Nelson Airport), B.C.
- Fort St. John (Fort St. John Airport), B.C.
- Prince George (Prince George Airport), B.C.
- Prince Rupert (Prince Rupert Airport)
- Sandspit (Sandspit Airport), B.C.
- Smithers (Smithers Airport)
- Victoria (Victoria International Airport), B.C.
- Calgary (Calgary International Airport), AB (from Fort St. John)
- Grande Prairie (Grande Prairie Airport), AB
|Aircraft||No. of Aircraft||Variants||Notes|
|Bombardier Dash 8||3||DHC-8-102 (37 passengers)|
The Hawkair fleet previously included:
- 2 Bristol Freighter
- 1 Cessna 150
- 8 Bombardier Dash 8-102
- 2 Bombardier Dash 8-311
- 1 Douglas ATL.98 CARVAIR (Aviation Traders Carvair)
- 1 Piper PA-28 Cherokee
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Hawkair". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2016-02-18.
- Hawkair: Schedule Retrieved on 18 June 2015
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 90.
- Terrace Standard: Flight plan filed for Hawkair exec 18 June 2015
- Hawkair: History Retrieved on 18 June 2015
- Hawkair: Fleet Retrieved on 17 February 2016
- Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: History Search Result - Historical Register
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2006-11-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hawkair.|