This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Haworth Tompkins Architects|
|Significant works and honors|
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre (2007)|
National Theatre Studio (2007)
Young Vic Theatre (2006)
Royal Court Theatre (2000)
Iroko Housing, Coin Street (2001)
Stirling Prize (2014)|
Evening Standard Special Award for Innovative Theatre Architecture (2007)
Building Awards, Young Architect of The Year (2001)
Haworth Tompkins was formed in 1991 by architects Graham Haworth [b. 1960] and Steve Tompkins [b. 1959].
Based in London, the studio works throughout the public, private and subsidised sectors on a wide range of building types including schools, galleries, theatres, housing, offices, shops and factories. The practice employs circa 55 people.
- Everyman Theatre, Liverpool
- Complete rebuilding of the Everyman Theatre. Completed 2014.
- The Shed, London
- Temporary auditorium for the National Theatre on the South Bank. 2013–2014 only.
- North Wall, Oxford
- New theatre for St Edward's School. Completed 2006.
- Young Vic Theatre, London
- Refurbishment of Bill Howell's 1970s auditorium with new studios, foyer and back-of-house facilities for the Young Vic theatre. Completed 2006.
- The Egg, Bath
- Children's Theatre for the Theatre Royal, in an existing Grade II listed building in the heart of Bath, Somerset. Completed 2005.
- Student Housing, Newington Green, London
- Accommodation for students in land-locked site in Newington Green, London. Transformation of the old headquarters building of the China Inland Mission. Completed 2004.
- Extension to Hayward Gallery, London
- Extension and refurbishment of the Hayward Gallery including new pavilion structure with artist Dan Graham. Completed 2004.
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Extension and refurbishment for Coventry City Council adjacent to Coventry Cathedral. Completed 2004.
- Loch Promenade, Douglas, Isle of Man
- High-quality offices in the centre of Douglas with new landscaped square. Most recent phase completed 2002.
- Iroko Housing, London
- New terraced housing development with central courtyard for Coin Street Community Builders on London's South Bank. Completed 2001.
- Royal Court Theatre, London
- Rebuilding of existing Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square with new front of house facilities, offices, dressing rooms and technical facilities. Completed 2000.
- Wainwright, Oliver (16 October 2014), "Liverpool's Everyman theatre wins Stirling prize", The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, retrieved 29 January 2018
- "Haworth Tompkins – Studio". Haworth Tompkins. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Haworth Tompkins – Team". Haworth Tompkins. Retrieved 19 July 2015.