Hawthorn Community Consolidated School District 73
Hawthorn Community Consolidated School District 73 is located in Vernon Hills, Illinois, approximately 35 miles northwest of Chicago. It has approximately 3,763 students (as of 2007) in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade in six schools.
- Hawthorn Middle School North - Grades 6-8. From 1999 to 2005 it was known as Hawthorn Middle School and educated in grades 5-6. Prior to that, it was known as Hawthorn Junior High School and housed grades 7-8.
- Hawthorn Middle School South - Opened in 1999 as the new Hawthorn Junior High School, housing all 7th and 8th grade students in the district. In 2005, the school became known as Hawthorn Middle School South and opened its doors to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students living South of IL Rt. 60.
- Hawthorn Aspen Elementary School
- Hawthorn Elementary School North
- Hawthorn Elementary School South
- Hawthorn Townline Elementary School
- John Powers Center for the Hearing Impaired
Both Hawthorn Aspen Elementary School and Hawthorn Townline Elementary school currently offer a dual-language program in only Spanish. They are option schools within the district. Children who do not attend these will not receive language learning until 7th grade. Children who do attend these schools will be given a Spanish course in 6th grade instead of a Writing course.