Hay Point, Queensland
Coal loaders at Hay Point
|Population||1,348 (2016 census)|
|• Density||54.14/km2 ( 140.2/sq mi)|
|Area||24.9 km2 (9.6 sq mi)|
Hay Point is located approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) south of the city of Mackay. It is made up of two bulk coal terminals, Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal (DBCT), owned by Prime Infrastructure Holdings (formerly Babcock & Brown Infrastructure) and Brookfield Asset Management, and Hay Point Services Coal Terminal, owned and operated by a joint venture between BHP Billiton and Mitsubishi.
In 2003/4, 77 million tonnes of coal was exported through the two terminals. This makes Hay Point (including Dalrymple bay) one of the largest coal ports in the world.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Hay Point (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Hay Point (entry 46795)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Hay Point (Sarina Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 4 May 2008.
- "King tides". Department of Transport and Main Roads. Queensland Government. 30 April 2018. Archived from the original on 14 May 2018. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "UQ helps Qld ports power up with clean energy". www.insidewaste.com.au. Archived from the original on 14 May 2018. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Libraries: Contact/Opening Hours". Mackay Regional Council. Archived from the original on 4 May 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Mobile Library Timetable 2017" (PDF). Mackay Regional Council. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 March 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
Media related to Hay Point, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons