|Founder||Sergey Dalakyan, Sargis Chilincaryan, Hamlet Khamoyan, Heghine Sargsyan, Ani Sargsyan|
|Founded||2009 (as an NGO)
2013/2014 (as a political party)
National Revolutionary (self-described)
Hayazn (Armenian: Հայազն) is an Armenian nationalist political party, that was founded as a civil organization in 2009. It declared itself a political party in 2013 and was registered as such in 2014.
Hayazn had stated its opposition to Armenia's possible integration into the European Union or to the Eurasian Customs Union that included at the time a customs union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia]]. Hayazn had also called on the Armenian government to opt out of the European Neighbourhood Policy in the past.
Hayazn also opposes any official recognition by Armenia of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. Instead Hayazn supports the actual unification of the Nagorno-Karabakh areas as an integral part of the Republic of Armenia, turning Karabakh into an additional Armenian province within the borders of an expanded Armenian Republic.
Hayazn also advocates in case of a war between Armenia and Azerbaijan, to "liberate" historical Armenian provinces of Gandzak and Nakhitchevan, presently within the territorial areas of Azerbaijan.
In internal affairs, Hayazn is opposed to Serzh Sargsyan's government and has condemned its internal and foreign policies, in particular the way it handles the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within the OSCE Minsk Group. The party called for a "no" vote in the 2015 constitutional referendum
Although Hayazn was not registered as a political party, and couldn't legally participate in the 2012 parliamentary election, but nonetheless it refused to participate. It blamed mainstream opposition parties (Armenian Revolutionary Federation, Armenian National Congress, Heritage) for not being "pro-people", and the government for electoral fraud which resulted in the formation of, what they call, an illegitimate government.
In June 2011, the union started to collect signatures for the citizenship of Jirair Sefilian, a Lebanese-born Armenian military commander of the Nagorno-Karabakh War. More than 4,000 signatures were gathered. However, the relationship with Sefilian deteriorated, when on September 2, 2013 Hayazn members reportedly attacked and beat-up Varuszhan Avetisyan, the press secretary and member of the Pre-Parliament.
On September 1, 2012, Hayazn organized a protest during which several of its members burnt the Hungarian flag as an act of protest against Ramil Safarov's release to Azerbaijan. They also demanded the resignation of the Foreign Minister Eduard Nalbandyan.
On May 21, 2012 Hayazn organized a parallel march in opposition to the first of its kind "Diversity march" organized by the LGBT community of Armenia. The march was stopped prematurely, because LGBT activists were afraid of their safety. On October 10, 2012, Hayazn organized a protest in front of Germany's embassy in Yerevan by the union against the presentation of the film The Parade about gay activism in Serbia. The union stated that they would not tolerate "propaganda of immorality". During anti-Putin protests on December 2, 2013, several members of Hayazn attacked LGBT rights activist and demanded that they do not fly the Rainbow flag during the protests.
Hayazn took an active role in the anti-government protests throughout 2013. On December 2, 2013 along with several political parties, they took to the streets to protest Russia's president Vladimir Putin's visit to Armenia and Serzh Sargsyan's decision to join the Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Russia.
- Երևանի ավագանու ընտրություններում «Հայազն» կուսակցության ցանկը Անդրեաս Ղուկասյանի գլխավորելու լուրը կեղծ է. tert.am (in Armenian). 19 March 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
...նորաստեղծ ազգայնական Հայազն կուսակցությունը...
- Նոր ազգայնական կուսակցության մուտքը Հայաստանի քաղաքական դաշտ. «Հայազն» (in Armenian). 31 January 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Հայազն-ը իրեն բնորոշում է որպես ազգային հեղափոխական կուսակցություն. 168 (in Armenian). 29 May 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- ««ՀԱՅԱԶՆ» ԵՐԻՏԱՍԱՐԴՆԵՐԻ ՄԻԱԲԱՆՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ » ՀԿ (in Armenian). Electronic Register, Government of the Republic of Armenia. Archived from the original on 17 June 2014.
- ««ՀԱՅԱԶՆ»» ԿՍ (in Armenian). Electronic Register, Government of the Republic of Armenia. Archived from the original on 17 June 2014.
- Avanesov, Alexandr (2 December 2013). "Armenian opposition to welcome Russian president with protests". ArmInfo. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- ""Հայազն". Հայաստանը պետք է դադարեցնի մասնակցությունը Եվրոպական միության "հարևանության" ծրագրին (Hayazn: Armenia should stop the participation in the European Neighbourhood Policy)" (in Armenian). PanARMENIAN.Net. 5 December 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- ""Հայազն". Լեռնային Ղարաբաղի անկախության ճանաչումը սխալ է (Hayazn: Recognition of Artsakh is wrong)" (in Armenian). News.am. 16 September 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Հայազն Կուսակցության հայտարարությունը". Lragir. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- ""Հայազն" միություն. Անհապաղ վերանայել "պատասխան գործողությունների" մեր չափանիշը (Hayazn: Government needs to revise its policy of response in the border zone)" (in Armenian). Hraparak. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Nikoghosyan, Alina (17 November 2015). "More "No" from Minor Political Party: Hayazn adds its voice to opposition over amendments". ArmeniaNow.
- ""Հայազն" միությունն ընտրություններին մասնակցելու իմաստ չի տեսնում (Hayazn Union sees no point in participating in the parliamentary election)" (in Armenian). Hayeli. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Հայաստանում ԱԺ ընտրություններն անցել են ընտրակեղծիքներով. "Հայազն" միություն (Hayazn: Election was held with major fraud)" (in Armenian). Tert.am'. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Hayazn collects signatures to back up Zhirayr Sefilyan's bid for Armenian citizenship". PanARMENIAN.Net. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- Ըստ «Նախախորհրդարանի»՝ «Հայազն» կուսակցության անդամները հարձակվել են իրենց մամուլի խոսնակի վրա
- "Hungarian flag burned". A1plus. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Hayazn Union demands immediate resignation of Armenian Foreign Minister". Arminfo. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Citizens' Fury Won't Stop. Ramil Safarov shouldn't have been extradited". 1in.am. 1 September 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Բռնության սպառնալիքների պատճառով «Բազմազանության շաբաթը» չի կայանա
- "Հայազն միություն. Չենք դադարեցնելու մեր պայքարը պղծությունների քարոզի դեմ (Hayazn: We Will not stop our struggle against the spread of immorality)". 1in.am. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Lala Aslikyan. “The rights of homosexuals are violated in CU member countries.” (Video)
- "Protest Demonstration Under "No Persian Sheep in Syunyats Gorge" Slogan". Ecolur. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2013.