This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairperson of the Commission on Elections|
December 7, 1989 – June 5, 1991
|Appointed by||Corazon Aquino|
|Preceded by||Hilario Davide, Jr.|
|Succeeded by||Christian Monsod|
|Commissioner on Elections|
July 15, 1986 – February 11, 1993
|Chairperson of the Presidential Commissioner on Good Government|
July 17, 2001 – September 13, 2005
|Preceded by||Jorge V. Sarmiento|
|Succeeded by||Camilo Sabio|
|Born||March 4, 1941|
Saravia, Negros Occidental, Commonwealth of the Philippines
|Died||September 13, 2005 (aged 64)|
Chicago, United States
Yorac was born on March 4, 1941 in the municipality of Saravia (now E. B. Magalona), Negros Occidental. She earned a Bachelor of Laws from the University of the Philippines Diliman in 1962. She placed 8th in the 1962 Philippine Bar Examinations, with an 86.95% rating. She was a member of Purple Feather (Law Honor Society) while a student of law. She also earned a Master of Laws major in public international law, minor in anthropology from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, in 1981.
Yorac taught and served in the Admissions Screening Committee of the University of the Philippines College of Law. She was an assistant vice president for academic affairs at the University of the Philippines Diliman and a senior researcher of the University of the Philippines Law Center. She also became the chief legal counsel of the University of the Philippines for a few years.
Yorac battled with ovarian cancer and died on September 13, 2005 in Chicago, aged 64. Her remains were buried at the Libingan ng mga Bayani. She was succeeded as PCGG Chairperson by veteran lawyer and constitutionalist Camilo Sabio.
- "Legal Status of Mercenaries"
- "Preventive Detention and Metaphysics of Repression"
- "Child Custody Determinations: A Reappraisal"
- "The Philippine Claim to the Spratly Island Group," Philippine Law Journal
- Philippine Treaty Series, Vols. 1-4, 6-7 (editor)
Professional and civic affiliations
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Philippine Society of International Law
- American Society of International Law
- Free Legal Assistance Group (National Board Member)
- U.P. Alpha Phi Omega Sorority (Formerly U.P. Kappa Phi Omega Sorority)
Hilario Davide, Jr.
| COMELEC Chairman
|This Philippines law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|