Location of Hayden in Jennings County, Indiana
|• Total||2.47 sq mi (6.41 km2)|
|• Land||2.47 sq mi (6.41 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||620 ft (190 m)|
|• Density||211/sq mi (81.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||435914|
Hayden (also Hardenburgh or Six Mile) is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in central Spencer Township, Jennings County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 521.
It lies along CR700W, west of the town of Vernon, the county seat of Jennings County. U.S. Route 50 passes through the CDP south of the village center; the highway leads northeast 7 miles (11 km) to North Vernon and west 8 miles (13 km) to Seymour.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Cliff Daringer, Federal League baseball player
- Rolla Daringer, Major League Baseball player
- Mike Simon, Major League Baseball player
- Edgar Whitcomb, former governor of Indiana and author
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Hayden has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "Hayden, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Hayden CDP, Indiana". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 52. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 160. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was platted in 1854.
- Climate Summary for Hayden, Indiana
|This Jennings County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|