|Elevation||620 ft (190 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||435914|
Hayden (also Hardenburgh or Six Mile) is an unincorporated census-designated place in central Spencer Township, Jennings County, Indiana, United States. It lies along CR700W, west of the town of Vernon, the county seat of Jennings County. Its elevation is 620 feet (189 m), and it is located at (38.9831094, -85.7405275). Although Hayden is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47245.
- Cliff Daringer, Federal League baseball player
- Rolla Daringer, Major League Baseball player
- Edgar Whitcomb, former governor of Indiana and author
- Mike Simon, Major League Baseball player
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Hayden has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "Hayden, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 52. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 160. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was platted in 1854.
- Climate Summary for Hayden, Indiana
|This Jennings County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|