Hayden High School (Topeka, Kansas)
|Hayden Catholic High School|
The Seal of Hayden Catholic High School
|401 SW Gage Boulevard|
Topeka, Kansas 66606
|Motto||Deus Scientia et Caritas|
(God is Knowledge and Love)
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Authority||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas|
|Chaplain||Fr. Carter Zielinski|
|Color(s)||Navy, White, and Gold|
|Slogan||Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve|
|Fight song||Hayden Fight Song|
|Athletics conference||Centennial League|
|Rival||Seaman High School|
Washburn Rural High School
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Affiliation||Kansas State High School Activities Association|
Hayden Catholic High School is in Topeka, Kansas, United States. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.
Athletic teams are called "Wildcats." Hayden won state championships in volleyball, basketball, cross country, golf and football in 2008. In the 2008-09 school year, the Wildcats were state champions in volleyball and girls' golf. The Wildcats, who had been runners-up in the previous year, defeated Perry-Lecompton High School 42-21 in football, winning their third state championship (two undefeated teams in 1998 and 2004).
Hayden has had much success in boys' basketball, winning seven state titles in the Kansas 4A classification. State titles were won in 1982, 1983, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1993, and 2008.
- Jerad Head, minor league baseball player
- Margaret Thompson Murdock, member of the USA Shooting Hall of Fame and the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame; first woman to win a medal in shooting at the Summer Olympics
- Mark Turgeon, head basketball coach of The University of Maryland
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- http://www.kshsaa.org/FOOTBALL /fbchmp.html
|This Kansas school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|