|Full name||Hayley Gloria Palmer|
|Born||8 May 1989|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|Club||North Shore Swimming Club (2007-present)|
Hayley Gloria Palmer (born 8 May 1989 in Cheltenham) is an Olympian and National Record holding swimmer from New Zealand. She swam for NZ at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and 2012 Summer Olympics.
Palmer was born in Cheltenham, England. However, both her parents are New Zealand nationals and they returned to New Zealand for two years when Palmer was young, before moving back to Cheltenham when she was 3. In Cheltenham, Palmer attended St Edwards School, and grammar school at the High School for Girls, where she currently holds every school record in swimming. Palmer began swimming in England, before her return to New Zealand in 2007.
Her coach for the majority of her swimming career in England was Graham Brookhouse. During her early teenage years she was a member of the Gloucester City Swimming Club. She currently swims for North Shore Swimming in Auckland, and is coached by Randy Reese at Clearwater Aquatics in Florida.
Palmer is a Latter-day Saint.
In the 2009 13th Fina World Swimming Championships she made the semi-finals of the 100m freestyle and placed 11th.
At the 2012 Olympics, she competed in the 50 m freestyle and the 4 × 100 m freestyle.
Palmer currently holds the following New Zealand Records:
- Women's Long Course 50m Freestyle (25.01)
- Women's Long Course 100m Freestyle (53.91)
- Women's Short Course 50m Freestyle (24.39)
- Women's Short Course 100m Freestyle (53.57)
- "Athlete Biography: Hayley Palmer". Beijing2008.cn. Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games. Archived from the original on 9 September 2008. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Hayley Palmer". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- "Palmer pulls swims race". GloucesterCitizen.co.uk. Retrieved 13 January 2016.[permanent dead link]
- Johannsen, Dana (4 January 2008). "Swimming: Palmer surges ahead". The New Zealand Herald.
- "Mormon Times - LDS Olympic Games athletes". www.mormontimes.com. 25 August 2008. Archived from the original on 2 September 2008. Retrieved 24 February 2018.