Haynes International Motor Museum
Main building of the Haynes International Motor Museum
The museum is divided into fifteen exhibitions:
- The Dawn of Motoring includes exhibits dating from 1886 including a replica 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen.
- Veteran and Vintage includes 1903 Darracq Type L and a 1922 Rover Bhp.
- Wheels around the World includes a 1975 Bricklin SVI and a 1967 Citroen DS.
- Minis and Micros includes a 1964 Trojan 200 and a 1965 Morris Mini MK2.
- Great British Marques contains a 1965 Jaguar E Type and a 1977 Lotus Elite Type 75.
- Custom and Bespoke includes a 1941 Chevrolet 1/2 ton Custom Pick Up and a 1958 split screen Morris Minor van (ex-Post Office)
- The American Dream includes in pride of place a 1931 Duesenberg J Derham bodied Tourster, one of only eight built.
- Motorcycle Mezzanine is in two parts: Part 1 - British and World Motorcycles, containing a 1914 BSA Flat Tank and a 1965 Honda CB72 and Part 2 - The Forshaw Speedway Collection.
- Supercar Century includes a 1960 Ferrari 250 GT Convertible and a 1995 Jaguar XJ220.
- Hall of Motorsport depicting varied disciplines of motorsport including a 1996 Ferrari Formula 1 Type F310 (DC) and 1950 Healey Silverstone.
- The Morris Story includes 1917 Morris Cowley and a 1955 Morris Minor Convertible.
- Memory Lane contains a 1965 Ford Cortina Mk1 and a 1950 Rover 75.
- Travelling in Style:Luxury Cars includes a 2007 Bentley Continental GT and a 1957 Bentley Series 1.
- Ferrari: The Man, The Machine, The Myth containing a 2000 Ferrari 360 F1 and a 1980 Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer.
- The Red Room, contains red sports cars from around the world including a 1966 Ford Mustang COnvertible and a 1959 Austin Healey Sprite.
The museum also has an outdoor children's play area, Autogame Experience including penny arcade games of the 1950s & 1960s, retro 1980s classics and 1990s favourites such as 'Sega Rally'.
In April 2014 the Museum completed an extensive £6M redevelopment and now boasts: an entrance foyer and reception area; a large museum shop selling auto related gifts including specialist memorabilia; Café 750 which serves home cooked food; state of the art conference and hospitality facilities for 10 to 400 guests and Haynes Workshop Services. The Museum regularly hosts conferences for organisations outside the motor industry.
- Charity Commission. Haynes International Motor Museum, registered charity no. 292048.
- "Red is the colour". BBC Somerset. 17 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haynes International Motor Museum.|