|First Lady of Turkey|
August 28, 2007 – August 28, 2014
|Preceded by||Semra Sezer|
|Succeeded by||Emine Erdoğan|
August 18, 1964
|Spouse(s)||Abdullah Gül (m. 1980)|
|Children||Ahmed Münir, Mehmed Emre and Kübra|
First lady of Turkey
On October 7, 2010, Gül became the first First Lady to address the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe on issues faced by children and women.
Gül has also publicly spoken out against the imposition of the head scarf in Islamic countries upon young females who cannot make judgment for themselves.
After seven years, on August 28, 2014, she left her office as first lady when Recep Tayyip Erdoğan became president. Afterward, she publicly responded to criticism in regards to her husband, saying she would start a "real intifada."
Gül has two sons, Ahmed Münir and Mehmed Emre, and one daughter, Kübra.
- http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=71777[permanent dead link]
- "T.C. Cumhurbaşkanlığı : Hayrunnisa Gül". Tccb.gov.tr. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
-  Archived October 8, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "TURKEY - Turkish president backs first lady on headscarf comments". Hurriyetdailynews.com. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Former Turkish first lady urges progress through education - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East". Al-Monitor. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Outgoing first lady breaks silence on criticism, promises 'intifada'". TodaysZaman. Archived from the original on 2016-02-15. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Hayrünnisa Gül: The next first lady". Today's Zaman. Archived from the original on 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2008-05-14.