Hayward station (Amtrak)
Station platform, looking north.
|Location||22555 Meekland Avenue
Hayward, CA 94541
|Owned by||City of Hayward|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||May 29, 1997|
|Passengers (2015)||40,631 11.9% (Amtrak)|
Hayward is a train station in Hayward, California, United States served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system. Currently the only route that stops at this station is Amtrak California's Capitol Corridor; the Coast Starlight (trains 11 and 14) passes this station but does not stop. Service at Hayward began on May 29, 1997.
Hayward served an average of about 111 passengers daily in FY2015.
Platforms and tracks
|East track||■ Capitol Corridor||toward Auburn (Oakland Coliseum)|
|■ Capitol Corridor||toward San Jose (Fremont)|
|West track||■ Coast Starlight||No stops|
The station is located near Downtown Hayward, which contains:
- Hayward City Hall
- Hayward Area Historical Society
- Century Theatres at Hayward
- Green Shutter Hotel
- Alex Giualini Plaza
AC Transit (Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District)
Route(s): 37, 83, 85, 93, stop at or nearby
Mostly 1/2 hourly with some hourly headway service.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- National Association of Railroad Passengers (May 30, 1997). "Hotline #984". Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY 2015, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-23.
- Media related to Hayward (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons